Pied wagtail thinks he's Mike Tyson

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
Our motorhome has a chrome stripe down the side and I noticed that a testosterone fuelled wagtail was attacking it so I tape it over, it moved to the door glass, so taped it, then on to the mirror and drivers door glass, taped it and tied an old scarf to the mirror. Next morning it had moved to the little Skoda passenger door and mirror - then on to the back door, got them all taped only to find it's moved on to the drivers door.

The little bu**er goes nuts constantly attacking it's own image with beak and claws so before it moves on to my car I've screwed a bit of perspex mirror to the fence in the hope of distracting it and it can bash that 'til the cows come home.
If it persists on the cars I'm going to get mean and stick some side extensions on the mirror so it can see 3 images of itself at once. :twisted:

This is the drivers door mirror only 20 minutes after I'd washed it all off. #-o

Attachments

• IMG_2989.JPG
    IMG_2989.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2984.JPG
    IMG_2984.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 210
For some really odd reason they love to do that.

When I was a child we had a succession of cars with proper wing mirrors, and those must have given them some headaches - they were always tapping fiercely at them around this time of year.

They are very funny to watch, but also very messy.

Back