Pictures of my Chest of drawers completed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CYC

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
This weekend I have finished my chest of drawers or as it really should be called my baby changing unit. My wife and I are expecting a baby in the coming week so I had to finish this. I started last monday, I still have to oil it to protect it from you know what!

I had bought the baskets in advance thinking I would integrate them in this project. I got them in Dunnes Stores (Irish supermarket) for €15 each. The unit is made of deal since I don't have a planner, yet.

chestofdrawers1.JPG

chestofdrawers2.JPG

chestofdrawers3.JPG

I am happy :wink:
CYC

Hi CYC

Congratulations and I hope everything goes smoothly with the imminent arrival. :D

What a beautiful job you've done with the baby changing unit and all achieved in a week. I am very impressed.

Cheers
Neil

CYC

That is outstanding! I think it is beautifully proportioned and love the baskets down one side. Well done - especially for one week.

I have to build some storage unit for shoes in our entrance hall and am now wandering how I can use baskets in it :roll:

Good look to your wife for the delivery, I hope all goes well.

Nice Work That Man!
Looks grand-can't beat buying the baskets before you build it (DAMHIK)
best regards,
Philly :D

That's a fine piece there CYC, nice touch with the wicker baskets too... Nicely done Sir...

Thats one nice piece of furniture fella.....nicely designed, well balanced and it look pretty functional too!

Good luck with your first little one, they're a bundle of fun!

SimonA
Just waiting for his second bundle to arrive!

CYC,

Nice job. 8) Hope you didn't wax the top - don't want the little tot shooting off the top and outta the window... :shock: :wink: A week eh? I hope those persons claiming 8 weeks to make an itty bitty box wasn't long enough feel suitably embarrased... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Thanks everyone for your good comments, and thanks for your best wishes on the new arrival.

Best wishes to you too Simon.

Alf, ahahah. :D It took me about 20hours to build this, after work. But remember I didn't have to plane any timber as it was planed wood.

Hi CYC.

What an excellent chest, your little bambino is bound to follow in your footsteps with a changing unit like that, a chip of the old block so to speak (oh god i am sorry)

Good luck for the coming week.

Regards

Mike.C

CYC

I really like that. Just fits in between the radiator and the window too.

It's amazing what you can achieve in a week when the pressure's on. Just think what you'll be able to complete during your paternity leave.

Best of Luck

Roy

Thanks guys for the compliments.

Roy, it was designed to fit in the space, the advantage of making your own furniture :wink: There is even enough space on the window side for the soon to come curtains (currently made in France :p ).

We have already decided I should make a narrow wardrobe to match for this room :roll: :wink: hehe

Nice work.
Hope you also make good use of any maternity leave you are entitled to. Think of it, a new baby every year the amount of extra leave you would get.
In fact listening to a news bulletin the other day I heard they are thinking of extending maternity leave for the ladies to 12 months. I reckon they will get cunning and have an addition every year.

Latest posts

Back