Pictures finally posted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Tony

The Veritas shoulder plane looks wonderful.

Have you used damp-proof mdf for some of your walls? If so, how have you found it?

Cheers
Neil

Tony, Tony, Tony. No guard on the tablesaw? Tsk tsk :? Ye gads that's far too tidy. :shock: And apparently sufficiently dry to keep your woodworking library in there? Jeez, I thought I'd be jealous enough of the L-V shoulder plane (which is still ugly as sin, but I've sort of fallen for it a bit now :oops: ), but that too?! :roll: How d'you find the the Complete blah-blah of Furniture and Cabinet Construction btw? Now about your obvious lack of a spanner... Well why else would you have all those routahs? :lol: You do know how dangerous it is to line up all your alternatives of one tool like that? Too easy for TPTBs to see exactly what you've got... :shock:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. A Lie-Nielsen plane posed in front of a bag of B&Q cup hooks?! Sacrilege! :shock:

Newbie_Neil":5zu4thfn said:
Hi Tony

The Veritas shoulder plane looks wonderful.

Have you used damp-proof mdf for some of your walls? If so, how have you found it?

Cheers
Neil

Hi Neil

Not MDF. I used the tongue and groove chipboard flooring for lofts from B&Q (really cheap) to form the wall and then glued the sound proofing on to it. The sheets are formed into quadrants to allow me to easilly remove them wihtout incurring a hernia should I wish to use the up-and-over door again.

Cheers

T

Alf. You are too observant!!! Can't believe I forgot to 'set' the room up better for the photo session :shock:

Guard was off the saw because I am grinding the riving knife thickness down. I changed to the Freud blade a while back and it has a much thinner kurf than the standard. To be honest, I'm ashamed to admit that the saw has been used more since the guard was taken off :?

As for spanners.....
I am an engineer by trade and thought that this kit would bore such woodworking folk as frequent this forum :p

3 routers are the minimum required. 1/4" Trend, 1/2" PC and a fixed base for router table and rounding edges. I thought everyone had three routers :D

I'll be posting my LN 41/2 next - just have to wait 4-6 weeks sob.

I quite like the"Complete blah-blah of Furniture and Cabinet Construction". It has loads of ideas in there that are very clearly explained. Not for the experienced woodworker but good for the beginner in my opinion.

My old garage was sooo damp that all tools rusted. Latest garage has humidity registering at 20-25% and nothinfg rusts or wilts. Aaahhhhhh

Charley":suedmn6g said:
I see you have the Flex/PC 7529 router, nice isn't it? :)

always the one I reach for first :p really smooth and relatively quiet

Tony":z2i2fcam said:
3 routers are the minimum required. 1/4" Trend, 1/2" PC and a fixed base for router table and rounding edges. I thought everyone had three routers :D
Ermm, guilty :oops: I'm careful not to line 'em up though :wink:

Tony":z2i2fcam said:
I quite like the"Complete blah-blah of Furniture and Cabinet Construction". It has loads of ideas in there that are very clearly explained. Not for the experienced woodworker but good for the beginner in my opinion.
Yep, I think you might have put your finger on it. I found it a trifle disappointing, I must admit. Didn't stop me getting interested when I saw they're bringing out one on boxes in the same series though. :D

Cheers, Alf

Back