Picture Problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
I haven't really followed all the trials and tribulations folk seem to be having with pictures but having noticed a few complaints and red X's and now Neil's bandwidth problem, I guess there still are problems.

I thought you could upload them here but if anyone wants server space and to upload pictures you can use my site here http://www.chrisknight.info/gallery/Woodwork You will be able to upload pictures and reference them in messages etc.

On the page mentioned above, you will be presented with a gallery for woodwork pix and at top right a pull down box that says "admin options". Choose the add photos option and in the new window that appears select the FORM tab to browse your directory for the pix you want to upload.

At the moment I have plenty of space, I will let you know if I need to delete any pictures for space/bandwidth reasons.

The system will resize images but space is conserved if you upload smaller rather than big images. Try to keep them below 200k and we'll be alright for a while

Testing....

Couldn't get you java applet to run, but the HTML upload seemed to work.

cutting_dovetails_web.sized.jpg

Thats very generous of you!!

Adam

Hi Chris

That is a very generous offer. And I'm sure you will be getting a few takers.
A little off topic but I have just been going over your rocker chair again
and to say that I am gob smacked is an understatement. It is absolutely fantastic and the care and time taken must be immense. And how you remember to take the photo's for the rest of us to see at every stage I just don't know. When I try to photograph a project I get a photo at the start and another at the finish and the ones in the middle always seem to get forgotten in the heat of the thing.

John

That's very good of you, Chris. I've just subscribed to UploadIt to sort out my problem, which at £5.99 per year seems quite reasonable for up to 1,000 files of up to 2MB each.

NeilCFD

Chris,

Gosh, that's exceedingly generous of you. Have three cheers to be going on with. :D I just hope you don't live to regret it... :roll: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

No probs folk, just part of the service.. Alf, I should be OK as long as the pictures posted are not of the sort to get me arrested!

Adam, your dovetails intrigue me. Did you cut them with the coping saw, or is that just to remove the waste? Looking at how clean the ones to the left of of the saw are, I take it you use a chisel to pare the sides of the tails to a line? Also, what are you making here, it looks like walnut mixed with oak but I did not see dovetails in your table.

John, thank you. Yes, it is hard to remember to take pictures at the appropriate moments and I do forget but having more or less committed to publishing this project, I am making a special effort this time. I am ided too by working from Hal Taylors instructions so I can see when a photo opportunity is coming up before it arrives so to speak.

waterhead37":18ejzvd1 said:
Adam, your dovetails intrigue me. Did you cut them with the coping saw,

I can't actually remember. I consider it normal practice to remove the waste with a coping saw, and I can't believe I'd have considered cutting the main cuts with a coping saw - although the saw cuts look awful - exactly as through I had used the coping saw. (So don't look at my manky sawcuts too closely!)

I take it you use a chisel to pare the sides of the tails to a line?

Yes, I can remember spending quite a while with the chisels.

Also, what are you making here, it looks like walnut mixed with oak but I did not see dovetails in your table.

Ahh, this was a different project, which is still on-going. I made a bedhead for our new bed, and had a few offcuts. I decided to make a couple of little shelves, to mount next to the bed as there isn't space for a bedside table on one side - and SWMBO needs an inhaler for asthma, and it always seems to be "on the floor", and involves switching the lights on to find it when I'm fast asleep!

I'm very taken with using Oak and Walnut, on the same project to provide some contrast, which is something I have picked up from my WW teacher - Brendan Devitt-Spooner. If you flick back through a few copies of F&CM he's in there fairly regularly - and his projects always have some contrast wood.

Adam

Back