Picture Frames Completed!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bp122

Expert at Jibber-Jabber
Reaction score
Just before Christmas I had asked people on here about certain particulars on picture framing supplies and advice.

A few people responded, but @paulrbarnard went above and beyond to help me and educate me on the matter with a detailed instruction video and answered my 1723 follow up questions.

Due to covid Christmas, we couldn't meet with the people these were meant to but we're finally here and I've managed to complete these two.

I am quite pleased with how these turned out for my first attempt, thanks mainly to @paulrbarnard's amazing tutelage which helped me execute these with minimum errors.

20210403_195018.jpg
20210404_032757.jpg

20210404_044023.jpg
20210404_044038.jpg

They are both medium to large-ish frames with the outside dimensions roughly at 700 X 550.

Both made with solid oak.

The one with the dog is a just-about- halving joint where I made a slight error on the router table, hence the walnut pieces (talked about on another thread)

The one with my boy on it, has proper half lap joints (fully have cut and finished this time!!) reinforced with a screw in each corner, covered with walnut endgrain bungs (first time chopping up a shallow mortice-like feature by hand)

Both pictures were taken by me.

All in all, a truly massive learning experience for me.

Thank you, @paulrbarnard !!

Just before Christmas I had asked people on here about certain particulars on picture framing supplies and advice.

A few people responded, but @paulrbarnard went above and beyond to help me and educate me on the matter with a detailed instruction video and answered my 1723 follow up questions.

Due to covid Christmas, we couldn't meet with the people these were meant to but we're finally here and I've managed to complete these two.

I am quite pleased with how these turned out for my first attempt, thanks mainly to @paulrbarnard's amazing tutelage which helped me execute these with minimum errors.

View attachment 107471View attachment 107469
View attachment 107472View attachment 107470

They are both medium to large-ish frames with the outside dimensions roughly at 700 X 550.

Both made with solid oak.

The one with the dog is a just-about- halving joint where I made a slight error on the router table, hence the walnut pieces (talked about on another thread)

The one with my boy on it, has proper half lap joints (fully have cut and finished this time!!) reinforced with a screw in each corner, covered with walnut endgrain bungs (first time chopping up a shallow mortice-like feature by hand)

Both pictures were taken by me.

All in all, a truly massive learning experience for me.

Thank you, @paulrbarnard !!
You have done a fantastic job. They look great. I was happy to help, but you have gone far beyond what I shared.

Back