picasa

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
The bbc program this morning "click on line" put oput a new software program called picasa. (google software) www.picasa.com.
The blurb at the site looks good .Does anyone know of this software.
The bbc said it was free but I suspect its only a demo.

I've had it since it started (version 2 is now the current build) and it is a very useful utility. When first installed, it will search your computer for graphics files and catalogue them in to albums (date ordered). There is a slider to interactively adjust the size of the thumbnails displayed, plus some quite effective picture-enhancing tools.

The reason it is mainly used here is that it is the simplest and most effective method of importing images from a digital camera I've seen in a long while. Once set up to detect a camera being connected (requires "load at startup" option being checked), it will download all pictures, allow you to title the album and has the option of deleting from camera once imported.

All-in-all, a very user-friendly and simple to use programme, which I would recommend to anyone with a digital camera.

Ray.

I've been using this since Gidon's recommendation a few months ago.
Finding it excellent!

It is great except for one major flaw. It won't do proper hierarchical folders (like just about every other piece of image management software).

Early adopters must have posted well over a thousand complaints about it - to be met by a resounding silence from Google.

I bet the next version will have it. If not - being Google - they will have something so overwhelming, no-one will argue.

One thing I love about it - it is blisteringly fast.

Does it run on a Mac? Ah...never mind, we've had iPhoto for such a long time and so are delighted that our PC cousins can now experience the same functionality that us Mac-ophiles have enjoyed for the last...umm...let me see..how many years is it :wink: :D

Whhhoooooopppps.........

Just tried 'Picasa', clicked on 'find all photo's', worked fine except......

....my teenage son has his own passworded profile, which 'Picasa'
managed to breach............................... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

.........quietly uninstalls 'Picasa'

TX

Hi TX,

The profile may be passworded but the option to make the files private may not of been selected and you have just never tried to browse his folders, which is what Picasa did. :?

tx2man":5svnl6bd said:
....my teenage son has his own passworded profile, which 'Picasa'
managed to breach............................... :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Oh dear, is it time for a father and son type chat? :lol: :lol:

Adam

Latest posts

Back