pic of newbies first attempt at a table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fman

Reaction score
hello people just wanted to show you my elm coffee table . top is joined to legs by mortice and tenons the rest you can see . finished with finishing oil and i may add a few coats of wax . this is my first attempt at a table and the joints could be a little neater. start a woodworking course next month so should sort that out. any comments welcome.

o7rr7t.jpg

2uzcm7n.jpg

j16gso.jpg

if you are serious why dont you make me a reasonable offer. Taking in to account the price of the wood and the endless days of work that have gone into it and that my mother is in hosptal and we are saving up for a life saving op. lol . only kidding. but you can make me an offer if you wish

fman":33w708q0 said:
if you are serious why dont you make me a reasonable offer. Taking in to account the price of the wood and the endless days of work that have gone into it and that my mother is in hosptal and we are saving up for a live saving op. lol . only kidding. but you can make me an offer if you wish

It certainly is a compliment when you show some people some of your work and there's someone interested in buying it. Well done!

On that front, I really like tables like that, and I'd build something similar if the 'boss' wasn't more into the modern look! I think it looks great.

What's next on the project list?? :D

fman - 8)

Like it lots, but won't show my SWMBO... :) That's the sort of stuff WE like, and I have plenty of rough "rustic" projects on the books, p.m. me please, if you would, regarding wood supplier?

As you can't see the joints (except the wedged ones), I'd be happy with it as it is!

Good work, especially from a newbie! I think you;ve got people worried (that'd be me then!)

Very nice indeed, great pieces of wood and well thought through for the joint placement to make it work and still look natural

thanks for all the positive feedback people. the tenons are just straight. incidently is there a way of fixing them that doesn't involve adhesive as i have not glued them yet, so that it can be taken apart if need be.

also should i oil the bark or leave it as is i shy'd away from it thinking i did not want to make it supple.

anyway thanks again for feedback next project i have some elm left over and i think a smaller companion table is in order.

Back