• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

phpBB : Critical Error

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry for anyone trying to get to the site this morning.

mySQL crashed with the 'too many connections' error we had the other week but this time lasted 4+ hours. As UKW is currently hosted on a 'shared' server I couldn’t do any thing and had to wait for the hosting providers. Which was very annoying as all that needed doing was to restart mySQL :(

For those of you who don’t know I’ve purchased a UK dedicated server in the same network (Gyron) as UKW’s current hosts so we know it’s a solid network. The dedi server will give us a lot more space (2x120GB SATA HD :twisted: ) and bandwidth so UKW will have plenty of room to grow and will allow me to add some new features that I’ve been planning for a while now.

I’ve setup the server and I’m currently monitoring it to make sure it’s stable before I move UKW across to it.. If all goes to plan it will be in within 2 weeks.

I’ll keep you updated :)

Aragorn

Established Member
Reaction score
Thirded!! :D
BTW, I recieved an email saying I have a new PM, but my inbox hasn't got any unread messages in it... Would this error be anything to do with this morning's problems??
If anyone did PM me recently, you may need to send it again!

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd like to endorse what everyone else has said. Despite the couple of minor hiccups lately, this has still got to be one of the most stable forums on the internet. And it's all due to Charley.

Gill

dedee

Established Member
Reaction score
here, here, or is it hear, hear.

Whatever it is thanks anyway

Andy

Charley

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I enjoy doing it - it's great to see the site being popular :D