Photo Sharing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been using flickr since it came out, you get 1000 free photos, I just use the free account version and it's fine.

RogerS":o6ihu67b said:
thetyreman":o6ihu67b said:
I've been using flickr since it came out, you get 1000 free photos, I just use the free account version and it's fine.

Until they do a Photobucket and close the free site.

do you have evidence that they are planning this?

yeah i have been using flickr until now... i have exceeded the limit of photos despite only having 708 #-o Its far too much effort to sort it out.

thetyreman":3vfrk3up said:
RogerS":3vfrk3up said:
thetyreman":3vfrk3up said:

Until they do a Photobucket and close the free site.

do you have evidence that they are planning this?

No, but if you'd asked me the same question about Photobucket in the time before they cut the fee service then I wold also have said 'No'.

I do know that Flickr are not getting the revenue streams from those of us who sign up to the Pro service. And to be frank, I do have a bit of an issue with folk who grab a free service...how is that financed ?

RogerS":26iyq5vc said:
I do know that Flickr are not getting the revenue streams from those of us who sign up to the Pro service. And to be frank, I do have a bit of an issue with folk who grab a free service...how is that financed ?

flickr did add advertising sometime last year so that probably pays for it,

I don't see why you'd have an issue with somebody having a free account? if it's there for the taking it's another opportunity to share your work.

Either upload to the forum, so pictures live and die with it, or pay for a starter hosting package and your own domain. And keep backups.

AndyT":71pcldds said:
Either upload to the forum, so pictures live and die with it, or pay for a starter hosting package and your own domain. And keep backups.
But the picture size is very limited, no ?

I used Google pictures, which has been working very well until couple of weeks. Since then, I can see the posts with my pictures but not the other members. Looking for another solution now...

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes, picture file size is limited on the forum itself, so if you want higher resolution/colour depth, host on your own space.

Google could afford to offer the world free hosting for sharing if they wanted to. The fact that it's so problematic I think is evidence that they don't want to. They're probably aware of what an unsustainable business model it is.

thetyreman":1adm8ffb said:
... if it's there for the taking it's another opportunity to share your work.

Until they do a Photobucket when at a stroke many threads on the forum containing images are rendered worthless. How does anyone share their work then ? It's not as if a Pro account costs that much. I bet most people spend many times that a year in latte's.

Never seen the need for a photo sharing account. All photos are stored on my PC hard drive with appropriate back ups.

For me its just for sharing on the forum, i like to talk with pictures. Its not about storage.

I didn’t realise you could have pictures on the forum directly. Though probably I do want the quality.

Looks like I might try imgur and if that does not work will have to sort out my flickr.

Latest posts

Back