Phone thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In short probably you usually get a msg saying you won the phone but to claim the phone you have to take out a contract! Used to get phonecalls with the same thing

I agree, most likely a scam. That said, if it were legit, it would be clear which company it is from and you could google for trustworthiness. Still think it is a scam though

Look at the e mail address. Then look at the bottom of the message. I kept getting one from "Lidl" saying I'd won something but it was from USA. You know the saying
"If it looks to good to be true - it probably is"

On a similar theme - quite recently and for a while I used to get an occasional voice message on my phone from an English matey type of voice that said Hi just to let you know you've come up in the syndicate for a prize just phone me back to claim the cash.
Not in a syndicate so didn't and just deleted - wouldn't have phoned anyway

I had a msg on my phone yesterday supposedly from Lloyds bank saying "A new payee has been set up at 11:53 on 20/1, if you do not recognise it please visit...." then there a believable URL to click on containing the words lloyds, secure and help and finished with a .com it looked really genuine but obviously wasn't as I don't bank with Lloyds, would be really easy to fall for if you did :(

If its a text message, copy and text it to 7726. This is a free scam/phishing reporting service used by all mobile providers.
They text you right back and ask you to reply with the number that the scam text came from.

This is a national service, and used to track and close down these scumbags.
Same idea as the [email protected] for email scams etc.

07678469180 a few mins ago:

We are letting you know that there is a suspicious order on your Amazon account to the value of £1,492. Press 1 to cancel the order, press 2 to speak to a customer adviser.....

Aye, right.

Back