Philly's Little Helper

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
Thought you might like this picture of my daughter helping me in the workshop over the weekend. She wanted to "borrow" a knife to do some carving, so I quickly had to come up with a safer alternative. How about we cut out your name in wood and you can paint them???? She loved it, and even got to have a (supervised!!) go on the spindle sander to smooth out the wood.
s%20for%20sophie.jpg

Needless to say, we only made it through the first letter of her name. But hey, there's always next weekend!
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly,
nice photo., she is doing exceptionally well to keep all the paint on the object - I think I would want to cover the workshop in newspaper when my daughter has a loaded paintbrush in hand.

Andy

My goodness, a new gloating dynasty has been created :shock: :? :D !

Gill

Okay, Philly, so what did the workshop look like by the time she'd finished? :wink: :lol: Great pic, but I'm disappointed it's not pink paint. :( :D

Cheers, Alf

Alf
You know what-I was surprised by the choice of red, too! The piece of mdf took most of the damage, which was nice. She really enjoyed herself (and I got to do some work too!)
Everyone is happy.
Gill
fear not-she can borrow my tools. Although the other kids at nursery might get a bit touchy about her Lie-Nielsen pencil sharpener! :lol:
Cheers
Philly :D

I like it Philly. Good fun when the young 'uns take an interest. As was already mentiuoined - surpised it is not pink

Hannah wants to make a box with 24 compartments and locking lid next :roll: :roll:

maybe we should make a second birdbox first :wink:

She looks like she's having a blast! Interesting that there are no smart tools in that shot :wink:

Cheers

Tim

tim":uymme1hq said:
Interesting that there are no smart tools in that shot :wink:
Look whats to the right, though, Tim - a quick flick of the wrist and Philly's plane storage cabinet and contents would be covered in red splatter :shock:

Cheers,
Neil

Back