Philly's latest purchase!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Just back from two weeks in France where I chanced upon this. Plainly, Philly is too embarrassed at the size of this acquisition to gloat about it here - and his missus has probably no inkling of it yet...

France266web.jpg

Well done Philly,

Are you taking orders yet? I'll have a 10cubic foot of french oak ta. :lol:

Adam

Well Done Chris!!!
Nice to have you back-hope you had a great holiday!
See you found my lil forest-was waiting till it was a little more mature before gloating (about another 30 years......... :lol: )
best regards
Monsieur Phili :D

C'est magnifique, mais ou est le bois? Them few saplings won't get you anywhere, chum. :roll:

Welcome back to the madhouse, Chris. :D

Cheers, Alf

Thanks everyone for the welcome back here - feels good to be back although France was great. I just have to shed some unwanted avoirdupois brought about by over-indulgence and then when I can tie my own shoelaces again I will feel quite back to normal :lol:

waterhead37":2k9wlcss said:
Thanks everyone for the welcome back here - feels good to be back although France was great. I just have to shed some unwanted avoirdupois brought about by over-indulgence and then when I can tie my own shoelaces again I will feel quite back to normal :lol:

Chris is your website down? Emails get pinged back as well?

Adam

Chris,

much easier soloution, get some slip ons :lol:

Welcome back

Signal

Chris, I know what the food can be like over there. This is the type of take-away we over indulged in.

DSCN2566.jpg

Andy

Ow Andy, why oh why did you have to post that picture

My keyboard is full of drool now

Signal

Aaargh. Wow betide anyone who comes anywhere near me with a prawn sandwich now - I'd probably rip their arm off... :shock:

Cheers, Alf

What you can't see from the photo are the oysters, cockles & welks that were underneath all those prawns, shrimps, langoustines & crabs.

For reference ordered from the Continent Supermarket in Courselles, Normandy but you will have to wait 'till next year as they only do them during the summer holidays.

Andy

I spotted an oyster, right hand side nestling between the two crabs and under the 3 prawns.

Im now going to have to go out to the supermarket and get me some shrimp fer me dinner

boiled shrimp, fried shrimp, shrimp patties....

Bubba Gumps :)

Signal

Not that you've been studying the pic or anything...

obviously not, on closer inspection Ive noticed those three prawns are langoustines :lol:

shhs, can you hear it?

Thats my stomach rumbling that is :lol:

Signal

Why would anyone want to eat a plate of bait???

(You may guess from the above that I don't like seafood - I work on the principle that if I wouldn't want to pick it up when it's alive, I don't want to put in in my mouth when it's dead!!!!!!)

Andy,

Your photo makes me want to jump on the next ferry back there!

Meanwhile, this photo makes me realise how far I have to go in woodcarving. This is from the choir stalls in Auch Cathedral

France077web.jpg

Ahh taffy, you really dont know what your missing mate.

Tis truely the most wonderfull food in the know universe

Signal

Latest posts

Back