Philly's latest purchase!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris, I thought I'd take the photo down to Sainsbury's to see if they could do me something similar. :wink:

Nice carving by the way but a bit over the top for the front room easy chairs. Have you seen the Grinling Gibbons exhibits in the V&A? There are enough to put any would be carver off for life.

Andy

Now I like carving, but oh brother. :shock: They should have taken the guy's gouges away after the first 20 square feet... :lol:

Andy, I was oh-so close to asking you "do Sainsbury's do carvings now?" :roll: Would have loved to have seen the Grinling Gibbons exhibition they had a few years ago, but I'd left London by then. :( His carved cravat is an all-time favourite of mine.

Cheers, Alf

Signal":1h4hmb8h said:
Ahh taffy, you really dont know what your missing mate.

Tis truely the most wonderfull food in the know universe

Signal

I'm with Taffy on this one. Like fish, but the rest? :shock:
I did have a shrimp once. Just the one little one.
'Twas on a school day trip to Dieppe. Spent the day eating. Then waiting to get on the boat, somebody gives me a shrimp to try. Sicker than a sick dog that's just been given a large dose of cod liver oil. :oops:
Has a profound effect on a young mind something like that. :shock:

mudman":1buhis0w said:
Taffy Turner":1buhis0w said:
I work on the principle that if I wouldn't want to pick it up when it's alive, I don't want to put in in my mouth when it's dead!!!!!!)

I definitely wouldn't want to pick up a cow, but I do like a nice piece of fillet. :wink:

So I take it you are not the infamous "Valleys Cow Lifter" then??? :D Oh well - the search continues.....

Taffy Turner":71vjsoe8 said:
mudman":71vjsoe8 said:
I definitely wouldn't want to pick up a cow, but I do like a nice piece of fillet. :wink:

So I take it you are not the infamous "Valleys Cow Lifter" then??? :D Oh well - the search continues.....
ROTFL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taffy Turner":21w7sr7b said:
mudman":21w7sr7b said:
Taffy Turner":21w7sr7b said:
I work on the principle that if I wouldn't want to pick it up when it's alive, I don't want to put in in my mouth when it's dead!!!!!!)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only sheep around here and I don't like mutton. :wink:

Back