Philly, eat your heart out!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they're in Spain i see... and have a minimum $1500 ordering policy... now you just have to find 4 like minded people to get them delivered together...

:D

Erm, am I reading that right, a delta cast iron table saw with Biesemeyer fence for $429 dollars? That equates to about £230 at the current exchange rate! Either its a great big scam or somebody forgot to add the 1 to make it $1429 dollars :wink:

Steve.

Blurk
Nice guitar site!
I have nearly completed a PRS style electric guitar-just the finishing to do, and I'm afraid I'll cock it up. Will pluck up courage soon!
cheers
Philly :D

The cynic in me says that either the prices are either completely wrong or there's something wrong with the products...

The prices for these Bosch sets is approx what it costs for a single 12v drill here.

They don't take cards (becasue of fraud !?) and it's cash transfer only, so limited comeback there.

If all's genuine then maybe we should club together...

I'd love that saw for that money.

Nobody but nobody even consider dealing with these people.
As most of you have surmised prices are cheap. The website has only been up for 2 weeks. The "testimonials" have a certain theme running through them.
Considering a basic Unisaw is circa $1,600 stateside and our Spanish friends are pushing them out the door for $429 (looks like shipping is thrown in), well, you do the maths...
The server, incidentially, is in California.
As somebody said, perhaps they would take some US dollars which is being wired to my account from Nigeria......

Noel

Guys

I've got hundreds of those at £230 incl VAT. None in stock right now but if you'll just send a deposit of £100 to secure yours.......

They seem to have made up for their unisaw prices on another sort of saw:-

http://www.hgpro-tools.com/index.php?productID=75

Mind you, I am not sure they are all that sure of what a saw is judging by this - I wonder what tool was received in the end?

"I purchased a Chain Saw from the UK, the normal cost of the tool from a UK outlet is £780, and the cheapest UK web-site offers the same mixer at £680. I went to Pro HG and received the tool within 3 days at a final cost of $565."

Hmmmmm.... The Shopping cart software is written so badly that it won't allow you add more than one item to the cart!

So to make the minimum order you have to buy multiples of things. Stinks of a scam to me.

It is impossible to meet the minimum order as attempting to change the number of items ordered clears the basket. This is almost certainly deliberate, the real point to this site being to get you to directly email the "having techincal problems" email address on the ordering page (which is not on the hgpro-tools.com domain). At which point I suspect you will get an apologetic reply asking you to email your order and wire the money directly to their bank account and that is the last you will ever see of it.

Graeme

When you smell an interweb scam, who can you bubble them to?

Philly":2vgmaw3u said:
Blurk
Nice guitar site!
I have nearly completed a PRS style electric guitar-just the finishing to do, and I'm afraid I'll cock it up. Will pluck up courage soon!
cheers

Might I suggest having it finished in polyester, nothing else looks as good on an electric guitar, unfortunately it really needs to be done by a pro due to the special kit (breathing apparatus and HD polishing machine) needed.
I used to make guitars and I found that, no matter how good the guitar itself, what people looked at was the finish.

John

Thanks John.
I agree-people only see the finish. I wanna do it myself though. Call me pig-headed. :lol:

Philly":tds5ntuj said:
(How you getting on with the new Shaves??)
Not really used them in anger yet, but I will report in due course.
Just registered to see Rob Lee at Leamington Spa. Bit far for you, I guess.
Cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Back