Philips Shavers - First class repair and service dept.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichardG

If at first you don’t succeed have a cup of tea.
Reaction score
I bought my Philishave in 2013 and have used it every day until last week when I managed to drop it, typically it landed cutter end down on the edge of the loo followed by the floor. Afterwards it still ran but made a horrible squealing sound. On trying to find some spares they seem to be either discontinued or out of stock. I hate throwing things away especially as the only thing wrong before the drop was a failing battery that only lasted 1 week rather than the 3 weeks+ when new. So I tried the official Philips repair site and for £16 I could post it for assessment, this cost included postage in both directions. So posted Monday morning, received a call on Wednesday saying they’d replace the damaged head and if I was happy with a different colour shaver a replacement body with a new battery. How much, zilch, free of charge, all included in the £16 cost :oops: So on Friday I received what I’m convinced is a brand new shaver, there’s not a mark on it.

Anyway long way of saying that I know what my next shaver will be, although hopefully that will be in 8 years time providing I don‘t drop it again….Well done Philips.

I bought my Philishave in 2013 and have used it every day until last week when I managed to drop it, typically it landed cutter end down on the edge of the loo followed by the floor. Afterwards it still ran but made a horrible squealing sound. On trying to find some spares they seem to be either discontinued or out of stock. I hate throwing things away especially as the only thing wrong before the drop was a failing battery that only lasted 1 week rather than the 3 weeks+ when new. So I tried the official Philips repair site and for £16 I could post it for assessment, this cost included postage in both directions. So posted Monday morning, received a call on Wednesday saying they’d replace the damaged head and if I was happy with a different colour shaver a replacement body with a new battery. How much, zilch, free of charge, all included in the £16 cost :oops: So on Friday I received what I’m convinced is a brand new shaver, there’s not a mark on it.

Anyway long way of saying that I know what my next shaver will be, although hopefully that will be in 8 years time providing I don‘t drop it again….Well done Philips.
Well I knew Philips shavers were good but I didn’t know the company was quite as brilliant as that!
That really is beyond the call of duty, I’ve been using them for 30? years.ian

Back