Phew - Deadline met! now I can take it a bit easier!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Well having been extremely manic with work over the last few weeks - my fault took too much on! - I have today completed the chairs which I had committed to get completed and delivered TODAY!

Considering I only started these on Monday having finished the bracket clock last week I think I deserve a day off now! I need it.

Anyway the project was ten oak chairs, very simple functional design with kingwood banding in the rear panel. The chairs were delivered un-polished at the customers request as they are planning on doing this themselves as well as making the cushions to go on the seats - Basically to save a few pennies.

DSCF5165.jpg

DSCF5162.jpg

DSCF5166.jpg

Back to work on Monday - No rest for the wicked! (hammer) (hammer)

Rog,

do you have a selection of basic chair shapes/plans, or how do you make the template for the first one to ensure it is comfortable etc without being able to try it?

Mark

marcros":18nyanxs said:
Rog,

do you have a selection of basic chair shapes/plans, or how do you make the template for the first one to ensure it is comfortable etc without being able to try it?

Mark

Whenever I take a commission for a set of chairs I always make one as a sample which I then let the customer sit on and ensure that they are happy with size, shape etc etc before making the set - I can then use the first one made as a rod for the others.

Very nice and rapid work Rog! I love it when the customer is going to finish something, means a quicker turn around for me. :D Boout time you had a break though, I'm having Monday off. :D

mailee":hblcicjp said:
Boout time you had a break though, I'm having Monday off. :D

My wife has just INSISTED that I have a couple of days off - apparently i'm a grumpy git at the moment because I'm coming home late and am working far too long each day. To be honest she is a bit worried, I nearly put myself in an early grave a few years ago and I'm not going there again [-X [-X SWMBO has spoken!

I have actually only had one day off in the last three weeks and that was last Saturday, that day I went to the workshop with my lad for the day and made the drawer for the back of my land rover :-k :-k

Anyway my work load has eased considerably today following the delivery of these chairs so I can work at a more reasonable pace on the next few projects.

marcros":1e52evcw said:
what is next then Rog?

1) Oak Vanity Unit
2) Wall display unit
3) Small Stool
4) Mahogany Tall Boy and 2 Mahogany Wardrobes
5) Pair of Oak Dressers

and several small jobs too #-o #-o

Dodge":3p3un54t said:
To be honest she is a bit worried, I nearly put myself in an early grave a few years ago and I'm not going there again [-X [-X SWMBO has spoken!
Whatever caused that Rog, it was a warning sign and shouldn't be disregarded...ignore it at your peril. Nice chairs, but they still look bl%@dy uncomfortable. Still, customer's always right, most of the time :wink: - Rob

Latest posts

Back