Petrol Price increases - what can we do?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trevtheturner":33se6hbr said:
Why is it worth the extra 9p (up from 7-8p) a litre at 30 m.p.h. behind a 'bus?
Trev.

Because it needs 98RON to run and it is my dream car - the one I have wanted and waited for nearly 10 years to get!!!!!

being a bit pedantic there with the prices eh, Trev? Depends on the station i go to - they don't all charge the same for 95 or 98RON :roll: I have recently seen 95RON for 92p/L and 98RON at £1.05 - the 7-8 would be 13 in this case. Typically, I pay around £102 at the moment for 98RON

Watch out for the ped./cyclist/tractor around the bend on that nice clear twisty back road! :wink:

Nice insinuation there Trev :wink: Just because I have a high performnace car, it does not make me some brainless 18 year old who drives around the country on the rev-limiter and flat out everywhere :roll:
I have had only 1 accident in 25 years of driving when a woman stopped her car in front of me on a roundabout as I was looking to the right and creeping forward - 10mph collision. My license is clean too :wink:

it is possible to drive quickly, safely and have fun - but from your post it appears that you don't understand that :roll: :wink:

:shock: :shock: Blimey, Tony! :roll:

No intention on my part to be pedantic about prices - they have probably already changed again by now!

No insinuation whatsoever intended in my second comment - just a general comment on something which is always in our minds when out in the country lanes in our neck of the woods, whatever type of vehicle we are in or on. :)

I do understand a fair bit about driving - PM sent.

Cheers,

Trev.

Back on topic - we can always walk on short journeys. Seriously, my wife and I have been walking often to the supermarket instead of driving - about a 3 mile round trip which we can vary with 3 routes. We use the car only for large 'shops' or if we need something heavy, such as a box of detergent, or something really bulky such as bogrolls. The only problem is that we have limited carrying capacity so we make more journeys - which probably isn't a bad thing for the exercise. Of course, we then don't get the 5p per litre off petrol if we spend £50, but we're saving more fuel than that anyway...

Another advantage is that we pick our own blackberries in the hedgerows on the way home - we've got 18 lbs in the freezer now, all for free. They're even organic!

Thanks for bringing this back on topic, Brian. Very sensible idea, from which you have highlighted the positive side, too. A good example of how, if we look at what we do, we can invariably make sensible savings and benefit at the same time.

(Now where did I get the impression that you rode your Beemer around the garden collecting your fruit and veg? :wink: :lol: )

Cheers,

Trev.

One of the good things about bicycles is that you can cram an awful lot of shopping into panniers. And cycling a fully laden bike is certainly good exercise!

The big problem is maniac car drivers who seem to reckon they are better drivers than they actually are, believing it's perfectly safe for them to hurtle through a 30 mph zone at 45 mph whilst gassing on their mobile phones and ignoring side mirrors.

Gill

There are two reasons we don't use bicycles. Gill has highlighted the main one, plus a 400 yard stretch is delimited dual carriageway used as a drag strip by the boy racer types, but the other is the long uphill struggle at the end - almost half a mile of it! At our ages that's no fun at all...

I do shop on the beemer from time to time, but only if I'm out on it anyway and pass the shops on the way home. Now there's an interesting idea - do your shopping when you're going past anyway instead of making a special trip...

Interesting:

"Order from Petrol Direct
Ordering from us is safe and easy! Just enter the desired quantity of the fuel you need, and we'll package it up and send it to you in the post, first class, delivered straight through your letterbox. No hassle. No worries."

Noel, off to build a rather large letterbox and have a word with my very nice post person.

Hello All
Leave it to the Yanks to solve this gas problem :wink:
Horse.jpg

Any Questions? :twisted: :twisted:

Travis

Talking to one of the friendly lorry drivers this week who called to my establishment :) I said I bet your vechile uses lot of fuel, and he replied I fill it up twice a week and it costs £400 each time. :( :( :(
So £800 fuels cost plus wages plus depreciation plus overheads then wanting a profit and doing 6 calls a day?
How much is that for each delivery (or collection) ?

>Newbie_Neil : Hi Tony

>Tony :Typically, I pay around £102 at the moment for 98RON

You must really love that car. :lol:

Cheers
Neil

Pah - Bargain - Any advance on £145 for bog standard unleaded!

MBK

Back