peter childs spare pen?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
My missuss has taken to the pyrography machine (as i thought she would), but now wants a second pen to speed things up a bit.

Anybody got one laying dormant they want to move on?
I need the pen AND the splitter.
Or, just a thought, another complete set at the right price? :shock: =D>
Ta.

Have you thought about making pens? They are quite simple - I’ve made a few and really enjoy using them. Loads of examples on line google will help.

Theres a guy on ebay makes his own and sells them cheaper, but admits they get hot after a period of time. No good for someone who can spend hours at a time on the hobby

I'm put off making my own because when starting something like that from scratch with no idea what youre doing, you can very easily waste more money on parts and failures than buying the genuine article would cost.

The alibaba is interesting, but Cyprus has a very strict customs service. They will make me drive 30kms to the nearest customs depot, open the box and inspect it, and then charge me 20% VAT and also import duty on the total cost including shipping, again, making stuff like that dearer than the originals.
My cheapest options are either find a used one in the UK, or buy new within europe (or UK). Then it can be flown over with my next visitor(at least untill the UK leaves the EU).

Back