Personal Challenge - and a bit of fun.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hesh

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought it was about time I gave up smoking but as a bit of an incentive decided to put a few £'s away each week and treat myself somewhere down the line. Rather than buy a moneybox I thought I'd make one and have a bit of fun in the workshop.

This is 12" x 1 3/4", turned in two parts just like most boxes and then hollowed using forstner bits of various sizes and then glued back together. To make it more realistic acrylic paint was then applied just leaving the filter the natural wood, and the wood type..........................well 'ASH' of course.

Only day one of this particular challenge so a long way to go but l'll hopefully crack it this time.

Regards

Steve

Attachments

• DSCN2703.JPG
    DSCN2703.JPG
    220.3 KB · Views: 1,175
  • DSCN2704.JPG
    DSCN2704.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 1,175
Good idea, like it !!

My Doctors practice nurse help me quit with free patches and chewing gum, so help is there if you need it.

I quit 6 months before they banned it in pubs, best thing I done in ages.

Good Luck Steve !!

Good luck to you! I love your idea, I'm sure it will be full very soon if you put in all the money you would have burned on fags!

All the best with it

Richard

Hutzul":1q857269 said:
Good idea, like it !!

My Doctors practice nurse help me quit with free patches and chewing gum, so help is there if you need it.

I quit 6 months before they banned it in pubs, best thing I done in ages.

Good Luck Steve !!
Go to see your doctor - seriously.
I stopped nine years ago, and I wouldn't have done it without help. I was smoking anything between thirty and sixty a day, and I ended up with gum and sub-lingual tablets together. Whatever gets you through the night - it doesn't matter how you get there. Good luck! I wouldn't like to do it again.

Thanks for your comments and support, things going fine at the moment and I'm looking forward to filling the box over the next few months.

Regards

Steve

Back