Performance Pro Shop Vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philly

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I recently bought a shop vac from B+Q-it's one of their own brand, model no. CLM50WVPT. Cost £59.99.
DSCF1296.jpg

What do you get for your money?
A nice little vac, on wheels, with plenty of accesories. It has a take off socket for power tools (up to 1800w) which also controls the vac-a nice feature. Also a big plus is the hose-4 meters long (with a similarly long power cord!) Nice!
DSCF1297.jpg

Plenty of adapter pipes, a floor attachment, brush, various bits and pieces. You definitely get your moneys worth.
DSCF1298.jpg

How does it perform?
Switch it on and-soft start! Soft start on a vacuum??? :roll: It has a fine dust filter and plenty of suck. I spent 10 minutes spring cleaning the workshop and sucking up evil MDF dust. It coped just fine getting rid of that. Connected up sander to try out the remote start. When you start up the sander it takes about 5 seconds for the vac to start-when you stop it runs on for about 7 seconds after to clear the hose.
What can you say? It works really well, is relatively quiet (compared to a router :lol: ) the remote start is a great feature (worth the purchase price alone) and comes with loads of extras.
It coped easily with all the dust and chippings I through at it-nothing escaped. MDF isthe test and it coped easy.
So if you are in the market for a small shop vac to use with power tools this is definitely worth a look.
Cheers
Philly :D

Thanks Philly

Does it take bags or just dump it into the base container (preferred!)? Seems like a bargain esp with run on and power take off.

I just wish someone would make a hose that isn't ribbed so that it doesn't catch on the edges of stuff and pullout at a critical moment. I seem to spend more time watching the hose connection when routing than the damn bit!

Cheers

Tim

tim":ygpllnzd said:
I seem to spend more time watching the hose connection when routing than the damn bit! Cheers Tim

At the D&M show - I watched Ron Fox talking and he mentioned exactly this problem - he reckoned having it held up to the ceiling somehow eliminated all these problems - and indeed had lashed up a temporary "lollipop" for want of a better description (made of metal bar) with the hose through the middle at the top, and the main shaft was clamped into something to keep the hose lifted about 1.5 foot above the workbench.

Would mounting the extractor on a shelf as close to the ceiling as possible alleviate some of the problems maybe? Or with the odd hook in the ceiling to drape the hose over?

Adam

Cheers Philly, You love a bit of B&Q Dontcha? :p :wink:

If it ever packs up unexpectedly, let me know cos I'll have a good idea why and how to fix it it for a quid. :wink:

tim":3p8p6f9a said:
I just wish someone would make a hose that isn't ribbed so that it doesn't catch on the edges of stuff and pullout at a critical moment. I seem to spend more time watching the hose connection when routing than the damn bit!

Probably why Festool make thisfor their extractors...

I use a quick turn of 'gaffer' tape around the connection, using a similar but smaller B&Q vac. with various tools, after previously getting fed up with connections coming apart. Works for me - they stay put now. :D

Cheers,

Trev.

Just read this post;I bought one of these months ago, lot of vac for the money there was a combination fit for every tool with the adapters.After using it several times suddenly the container compartment (soft plastic milk carton type) sucked in on itself like a dried prune :shock: .I later found out the pipe had blocked.Once damaged it did it every two minutes.

Yes there proberbly is but this was definitely a design flaw so i took it back.One thing about b&Q you get no sh*t they sort you out ,i got my money back.funnily enough they've got one in now with a power take off and hard container :D for £20-00 :shock: .
I bought an earlex, i think they looked at the average size fitting for powertools then made sure it didn't fit any........

Looks pretty good Philly, might take a drive over to B&Q tomorrow. The three year no quibble warranty is very nice too :wink:

Are these still available - they look ideal as I am after something to extract from the woodrat and if it could serve as a general shop vac as well.....

Simon.

PS - I am near Bristol, anyone seem them in the Filton Warehouse recently??

They were first released at £30 ,then down to £20.Over xmas there was 15% off :shock: .
Think the take off is about 1600 watt.

Sawdust Producer":1zo2kv61 said:
funnily enough they've got one in now with a power take off and hard container for £20-00

I seen those there in the week, has anyone got one ? £20 Hmm...

yep i'v got one and am qutie impress with it i will be useing it with a triton bucket on the table saw just hopeing it work but for £20.00 it the works :D

martyn

i went to the warrington branch of b/q no vacs for £20 the guy checked on the computer but found non ,he said if you can get the bar code number he may be able to help :) so if you see any can you get the bar code please

frank

Got one yesterday and have to agree with Philly's verdict - very impressive piece of kit.

The hose is 4m long and surprisingly light, so I was very comfortable with it draped over my shoulder whilst using it was attached to a router.

The motor is much quieter than my old vacuum (Panasonic vortex thing) and I did not wear ear defenders whilst cleaning up and the suction is much stronger than the 18ooW panasonic. There is a hose attachment point to use it as a blower too.

I tried blocking it and left it running completely blocked for a couple of minutes and it did not fold in on itself, thus I suspect that andycktm's
one was simply a faulty unit and there is no design fault.

Well worth the money

Back