Performance Pro Shop Vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
My comments were not made to offend,and i'm not saying the poster has bought a piece of rubbish,but i stand by my comments/posts and therefore I could not recommend one.But i hope they serve you both well.
Thanks.

Thanks for sharing your bargain huntin' with us Phill.

I have to say that occasionaly the B&Q Performance pro range do offer some excellent bargains. I got their 12v cordless drill as a present, and that has been great.

Also, this review of the vac has come at the right time, as i'm in the midst of a workshop upgrade, and was thinking of getting a couple of vacs for the router table, jointer and mitre saw. These seems to be a good cheap option.

BB

frank":d2o2jp63 said:
i went to the warrington branch of b/q no vacs for £20 the guy checked on the computer but found non ,he said if you can get the bar code number he may be able to help :) so if you see any can you get the bar code please

frank

sorry about the delay here is the information you wanted

pp1250 W&DVAC ith PTO
B&Q code 27165041
B&Q oreder no 6225180
ref 27165041

hope it helps

martyn

Mud
Don't have any specs but it works perfectly with MDF dust. Thats my benchmark for "good enough"! :wink:
Cheers
Philly :D

andycktm":1eywtgzf said:
Hi,
My comments were not made to offend,and i'm not saying the poster has bought a piece of rubbish,but i stand by my comments/posts and therefore I could not recommend one.But i hope they serve you both well.
Thanks.

Andy, I wasn't critising you at all mate, I was concerned and tried to 'fold' mine in on itself when new just in case it was a design fault - I wanted to return it straight the way if it was. Sorry that yours didn't work out

Yeah thanks Tony.

Even though i got my money back, in a way i was disappointed.Its such a high spec vac and its a shame they had to save money on the container part.
Thanks.

Well I got one in the Ipswich B&Q warehouse, but most of the staff had no idea that there were any in stock or which isle they should be in. I almost came away without one having spent 20 minutes looking around and asking for help. :evil:

It works well, I have been laying loft flooring for my son and his wife in their new house. I had it hooked up with my circular saw and the only comment is it could do with starting a bit quicker.

I think it has a soft start so it does not blow the 13 amp fuse if you have a full 1800watts of power tool running on the power outlet. :)

Has anyone tried to get a spare filter for it? I would like to have one in the vac and one out, so I can use the vac to clean the clogged one. 8)

Dave
Yeah, seems to take forever when starting. As you say, probably saves the fuse.
Filter-no, haven't tried. Mind you, I have two other extractors :oops:
Cheers
Philly :D

Philly":2rnpiqvo said:
Filter-no, haven't tried. Mind you, I have two other extractors :oops:
Well yes I have two other vacuums and the cyclone, but the idea of getting this new one was to replace the other vacuums, not add to them. :whistle: Shop space is not unlimited. [-(

Dear Anyone,

I purchased one of these extractors from B&Q in Nov 2005 and found it extremely reliable and easy to use. Unfortunately, one month out of the 36 month warranty the take-off portion of the on/off switch has failed. Has anyone any ideas where I can buy one from, please?
Phil

Hi Phil,

Welcome to the forum. :D

Sorry to hear of your problem, have your tried ringing the help line for the machine? I had a problem with brushes on a PP router that was out of warranty and they found me a spare set.

Dear Dave, Thanks for the welcome. Yes, I've tried ringing the helpline but they're closed until next week. I was looking to try getting one off the Internet in the meantime so I could get the vac working fully meantime.
Regards.
Phil

Well the small vax one aint available within 50miles ,, going to nip up later as i cant find the Pro Power vac anywhere on the b&q site but im sure ive seen them in the local store ..

busy builder":yxua0ew4 said:
no PP vacs in my Inverness branch of B & Q though or on thier web site
They now are using the name MacAllister for a lot of their own brand stuff. I had a quick search of their web site and cannot see anything that is like what the thread was about. The last ones they had were a metal drum, with power take off but not soft start, in blue and yellow boxes.

Come to think of it , it was a metal drum type i saw in our b&q are they the same design apart from the soft start :?

Back