Performance Power Router - manual?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robgul

Barry Bucknell is my hero
Reaction score
I have acquired, for nothing, a Performance Power Router NLH 102R - looks like a basic B&Q sub-brand machine. It's going to be used for very casual work and should do the job.

Does anyone have a copy of the original manual that they could scan and send me a pdf please? - I have hunted online for the manual and it appears that a couple of the "sign up" sites might have a copy, but I'm hesitant when they want card details for a free download.

I'm very familiar with routers (I have 4 others from Bosch, Katsu and others, all 1/4") BUT this one is "6.35 and 8.0mm collet" - I can't figure out how it works with the cutters in the collet sizes.

Any help appreciated.

6.35mm is exactly a quarter of an inch but just in metric. Same size, different units. 8mm is 0.31496 inches in the old money.

Thanks - I had (amazingly) managed to get a copy of the manual from B&Q - I was aware the 6.35 was 1/4" but the 8cm foxed me - it seems that there was an additonal collet with the original machine for what I think, were 8mm cutters that were deemed to be stronger than 1/4" Nowadays it looks like most routers are just either 1/4 or 1/2 (with the 1/2 having a sleeve insert to take 1/4 cutters.

A quick rebate in a bit of wood and the machine seems to work a treat.

Some manufacturers do supply an additional 8mm collet with their quarter inch routers.
Bits are available in that shank, but it's a less common size and just a little bit stiffer.
Ignore it and hopefully put the machine to good use with your 1/4" cutters :)

Ive been using a Leigh jig lately and Leigh like to supply all their router dovetail bits with 8mm shanks. They give the reason you mentioned - that it makes for a more rigid cutting bit - I guess for certain size cutters it makes for a good compromise between 1/4" and 1/2".

Thanks - I had (amazingly) managed to get a copy of the manual from B&Q - I was aware the 6.35 was 1/4" but the 8cm foxed me - it seems that there was an additonal collet with the original machine for what I think, were 8mm cutters that were deemed to be stronger than 1/4" Nowadays it looks like most routers are just either 1/4 or 1/2 (with the 1/2 having a sleeve insert to take 1/4 cutters.

Hi Barry, Just found your post. I have the same router and the same problem, can't find a manual. Can I please ask if you would send me a copy? I'd be ever so grateful. Regards, Terry Hodgson. [email protected]

Hi Rob, I've just found this post while searching for the manual as I've just got hold of this router too. It would be much appreciated if you could send a copy over.
[email protected]
Thanks!

Hi Rob, I've just found this post while searching for the manual as I've just got hold of this router too. It would be much appreciated if you could send a copy over.
[email protected]
Thanks!
you are better off sending a private message, as unless Rob happens to regularly check this thread he wont see it.

I think you need to have made a few more posts to do a private message

the other option is to select 'reply' on the bottom right of Rob's post, which will at least let him know next time he is on the forum that someone has replied to his post

good luck

you are better off sending a private message, as unless Rob happens to regularly check this thread he wont see it.

I think you need to have made a few more posts to do a private message

the other option is to select 'reply' on the bottom right of Rob's post, which will at least let him know next time he is on the forum that someone has replied to his post

good luck
Thank you, I will send him a reply. Cheers buddy!

Hi Rob, I have got hold of one of these routers too, is there any chance you could send me the manual too? It would be much appreciated. [email protected]

Hi All,

Sorry if this is an old post and I should be starting a new one. I thought it best to keep within the subject as I have owned a B&q performance power router and table for about 12 years.
Recently have came into ownership of several new 8mm bits and after trying numerous collet adapters am quite frustrated at getting the 8mm to fit in the 1/2 inch collet. I've attached a photo of the nut/ collet/ circlip combination in the hope that someone recognises the combination and can point me in the direction of where I can purchase a 8mm version. The nut internal diameter is 20mm. The router spindle is approx 16 -17mm enough for the 1/2 collet to fit in of course. I honestly thought the 1/2 inch to 8mm collet adapter would be enough to clamp the 8mm bit in place but it will not tighten enough for the bit to hold tight and Ive measured all the dimensions apart from the internal spindle width with calipers however I didnt think it was the important dimension to consider here. Any help appreciated. Jim.

IMG_1151[1].JPG

Also I think I may have the manual somewhere if you folks still need it Ill have a look. Jim

Just to keep up - I didn't use the Performance router much and sold it (with another 2 corded routers) when I upgraded to a battery router.

Latest posts

Back