Performance Power Pro handheld power tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any experience of the B&Q not-as-bad quality own brand hand-held power tools?

I was looking at their 800w (?) planer that retails for £40 (currently on offer at £32) and it looked pretty reasonable. The depth control had a much better scale than the £150 Makita sat next to it, although it was rather stiff.

I'm afraid I tried it, hated it and eventually gave it away. Replaced it with the performance power pro version which works great.

Don't expect fine joinery from these though, they are good for ripping wood down quickly.

Tony":30efn90d said:
...Replaced it with the performance power pro version which works great...

That was the one I meant - thanks Tony. I must learn to be clearer in my postings... :)
Good to know it works well.

Tony":30efn90d said:
Don't expect fine joinery from these though, they are good for ripping wood down quickly.

That's basically what I'd want it for - I've got rough timber and painted stuff I want to strip and re-use. Thing is, I've got an old B&D planer which sort of works, but I can't loosen the blade screws to change the blades...
I'll have a ponder...

Hi,

I have a couple of power pro cordless drills, one hammer one normal, which I am very please with for the price (£80 for the pair plus spare battery and 1hr charger). I wouldnt say their range is good for a tradesman/pro who will use them hard daily, but for me as a weekend warrior (and the occasional evening now the light is here!) they are fine.

Depends on your useage I guess but I have no complaints on this range so far. I also have one of their circular saws, but havent used it very much, been fine when I have but havent really stretched it if you know what I mean.

Steve.

Back