Perform CC10T Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyNx

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a cheap thicknesser for my shop. I don't want to spend much as it's only for very light use at the moment, mainly lippings and battens etc.

So with this in mind, i have been looking at the Perform Thicknesser, as it's the cheapest i've seen with a reasonable depth of cut etc.

Should i be staying well clear of this cheap model?? or is a a good bargain for the money. Is anyone using this that can comment first hand

Thanks

Andy

I've had one of these for three years without many problems, Andy. I've got the open stand model on a mobile base (also Axminster - the one where you supply the timber).

Taking off the outfeed table to convert it to a thicknesser is straightforward, although re-locating the chip chute when reverting to jointer mode takes a bit of getting used to. The knurled rollers that pull the stock through the thicknesser can become clogged if you whang a load of pine or other sappy wood through it, but they're not too difficult to clean.

Replacing the knives is a doddle - about five minutes is all you need. The thicknesser depth indicator should be viewed with caution - check it and adjust the stop if you need to - I did, but it's been OK ever since.

Sometimes the safety switch that relates to the outfeed table won't engage enough to allow the motor to fire, but all that's required is to tighten up the large Allen bolts that the locks pivot on.

I put up a web page when someone enquired about the machine's dimensions - you can find it here if you want to take a look.

Can't think of anything else, but if you've any questions, drop me a PM and I'll be happy to try and answer. HTH :)

Ray.

Argee, thanks for the info. I'm going to purchase the thicknesser (hopefully) this month as i can be put to use straight away.

What is the sort of minimum that can be put through these smaller machines?

Andy

Back