People of Lincoln, where do you buy your hardwood?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mattias87

Established Member
Reaction score
Firstly apologises if this is the wrong place, I couldn't see where else to put this. I checked the list in the pinned topic but it only had one website.

I have been struggling for a long time, almost 3 years, to find a decent source of hardwood. I've either gone to Jewsons at the top of town or ordered from English Woodland Timber (they are excellent it's just the price of delivery). I want to make a go of selling furniture but the delivery price bumps up the price so much and Jewsons seems to be expensive (I could be wrong but it does seem after a certain point it's cheaper to get it delivered).

Any help would be much appreciated. I don't mind paying for delivery if people have recommendations from elsewhere, I'm just trying to find the best price.

There's Brooks Brothers over at Sewstern near Grantham and if you want English stuff there's a nice chap (one man band) in Elston near Newark, Steven Wright, Elston sawmill, Low Street, Elston, 01636 525015 or 07866 203618. There's also Nelson & Butler Horncastle.

Andy

Back