Penny Farthing Tools - move to Wantage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evergreen

Established Member
Reaction score
I learned today that Penny Farthing Tools closed in Salisbury on 27 August after 18 years and will be opening in Wantage near Oxford in early October.

That'll be a bit far for me and I'll miss browsing through PFT's wonderful stock of vintage tools but I wish them every success in their new location.

I'm posting this to save any other forum member a fruitless trip to Salisbury like I had this morning!

Sorry if this news has been posted before but I couldn't find mention of it anywhere on the forum.

Wantage - that's in the middle of nowhere!? :shock: :)

Rentals must be cheaper?

Used to drive through there years ago, heading north when the A34 was mainly single cwy and chock-a-block!

Perhaps they will do mail order?

Rod

Sounds like your loss is my gain, I live and work in Wantage. I don't know of the shop mentioned but look forward to visiting :D

Is there anything I should look out for? :lol:

Forty mins. or so nearer to me but I can't see the boss wanting to spend much time wandering around Wantage to complete a day out and it's not on one of our normal routes elsewhere.

It's my gain too. Wantage is only 20 miles from the British Woodworking Shed!!!! I've always wanted to visit, but never have.

Nick

Evergreen":1vp8c58c said:
I'm posting this to save any other forum member a fruitless trip to Salisbury like I had this morning!

Sorry if this news has been posted before but I couldn't find mention of it anywhere on the forum.

I posted it on the forum in the week before they closed for business in Salisbury...can't remember the exact date - Rob

woodbloke":2nkepcbm said:
Evergreen":2nkepcbm said:

I posted it on the forum in the week before they closed for business in Salisbury...can't remember the exact date - Rob

Ah, I suspected that you would have known about it, Rob. One day, I'll master the search facility on this forum.....

Chrispy":28cwa0cm said:
Sounds like your loss is my gain, I live and work in Wantage. I don't know of the shop mentioned but look forward to visiting :D

Is there anything I should look out for? :lol:

Penny Farthing Tools always had a good range of vintage tools of all kinds, not just woodworking items, as well as some new stuff. They were particularly good for spare parts too and used to have sets of drawers which contained all manner of knobs, handles, screws, bolts, etc.

Back