• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Pen turning.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powertools

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to try my hand at pen turning but don't want to spend a lot of cash on something I may not take to.
Anybody given up on pen turning and has supplies they would like to sell.
My lathe has a head stock with a mt1 and a tail stock with a mt2.
Regards
Paul

Hi Paul

If you're still looking then i have a brand new pen mandrel (i bought 2... dont ask why🙄) plus some other bits'n'bobs, trimming sets, bushes, blanks, etc etc left over from when i was well into turning. Only problem is its a 2mt at both ends. If you can source a 1mt to 2mt then i can help. I'll go down me shed later and take some pics of what i've got if that helps :giggle:(y)

Nick

If you research the bushes before you buy them, some are made with conical indents so you can turn between centres, avoiding the need for a mandrel. If you can rig up a sanding table and some abrasive on a faceplate you do away with the need for barrel trimmers. Watch for odd sized kits - stick to kits that need 7mm or 8mm holes, otherwise you'll be buying weird sized drill bits. My Record 53e doubles nicely as a pen press.

Latest posts

Back