• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Pen turning.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

powertools

Established Member
Reaction score
I would like to try my hand at pen turning but don't want to spend a lot of cash on something I may not take to.
Anybody given up on pen turning and has supplies they would like to sell.
My lathe has a head stock with a mt1 and a tail stock with a mt2.
Regards
Paul

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Paul

If you're still looking then i have a brand new pen mandrel (i bought 2... dont ask why🙄) plus some other bits'n'bobs, trimming sets, bushes, blanks, etc etc left over from when i was well into turning. Only problem is its a 2mt at both ends. If you can source a 1mt to 2mt then i can help. I'll go down me shed later and take some pics of what i've got if that helps :giggle:(y)

Nick

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
Reaction score
If you research the bushes before you buy them, some are made with conical indents so you can turn between centres, avoiding the need for a mandrel. If you can rig up a sanding table and some abrasive on a faceplate you do away with the need for barrel trimmers. Watch for odd sized kits - stick to kits that need 7mm or 8mm holes, otherwise you'll be buying weird sized drill bits. My Record 53e doubles nicely as a pen press.