Pen turning - Jaws for a Nova Scroll Chuck (Old style!)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homerjh

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

i have a Nova Scroll Chuck, and looking for pen jaws to drill blanks.

now there is the Nova 6034 that i believe fit, but wondering if there are any other makes that may fit this chuck?

apparently all nova jaws fit all nova chucks, therefore any compatable with any nova chuck should therefore fit mine?

attached is the instruction guide for my chuck.

Attachments

• nova scroll chuck manual.pdf
    140.4 KB · Views: 5
I got engineering jaws for my versachuck ( I bought several sets of jaws when Toolpost closed) thinking I was being extravagant, but future proofing the chuck being uncertain of future supply. I have found these much more accurate and firmer gripping than pen jaws on my old Nova (which is a perfectly good chuck). The pen jaws iirc are Sorby.

You don't have to use pen jaws, if you can get long nosed jaws that hold the blank steady, they're fine

+1
However pen jaws come into their own for blanks that aren't square as there are only 2 jaws gripping opposing corners, especially useful when drilling on the lathe. I have a set permanently fixed to a Record SC3 chuck for that purpose.

Back