Pen turners please read - UKW mini competition!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dodge":2dox2rhs said:
Many thanks for the pms guys - a few more to come and then I will start labelling envelopes!

Just to whet your whistles here are some of the pen blanks awaiting dispatch!!

DSCF4168.jpg

og

WOW they look stunning
PM sent to you Dodge

Ok Guys, (and Melinda of course) I have now got all your names address bar one but i have pinged a pm off to him so as soon as I have got that one will get the timber in the post - I would like to post them all at the same time to be fair to you all.

Will let you know when its on its way but will hopefully send before the weekend - Time allowing for addressing/stuffing jiffy bags

Thanks in advance to everyone for taking part =D> =D> =D> =D>

Ok folks got all your addresses now so will get the wood out shortly - Timber allowing I am aiming to sent two 150mm long 19mm x 19mm blanks to each person it will then be your decision which to use.

Regarding rules well its quite simple in my book, there arnt any really as this is a purely informal arrangement. None of the usual small print, no cash alternatives blah blah blah - We are all grown ups after all! :roll:

When I send out the wood I will commit a deadline for you to post you pictures of your finished pen and purely from those piccies a winner will be chosen purely on the appearance in the photo.

Bottom line is my decision will be final so tough titty if anyone disagrees (said in the most jovial of manners of course for want of being accused of anything :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

At the end of the day you will all really be winners because you are getting some free wood and its all a bit of fun, whether you want to spend 20p on a bic refill and drill it in or £200 on a solid gold jobbie pen kit its up to you - I dont want to know that but will purely go by appearance.

Hope thats ok with everyone taking part - if not let me know and I wont send you any wood - simples!! :lol: :lol:

just one thing I will say though is some of the pen blanks may have small holes due to the nature of burr timber - Its going to be interesting to see how you tackle that, but having turned some yesterday I must say it turns really nicely!

Rog

Right just to update

I have today posted off the timber 1st class and the chap at the post office wasn't impressed at having to weigh the envelopes one by one :D Hopefully you should here them thud through your letter box tomorrow morning.

Anyway, I sorted the off-cuts last night whilst I was in the workshop and added some extra pieces so each of you will be receiving three pieces which were very randomly put together.

DSCF4233.jpg

DSCF4235.jpg

So I've done my bit for the time being and its now over to you and allowing three weekends I will put a deadline for completion being MONDAY 19th MARCH.

If I could ask you all to post a picture or two as a maximum of the finished pen you wish to enter (Just One Pen) in this thread on or by the 19th March and then a decision can be made as to who will win the competition. Anyone who hasn't posted a picture by the end of 19th March will no longer be in the running and pictures posted after that date will be ignored.

Any queries please pm me

Cheers folks and happy turning!

Rog

Jim,

as I said in the post prior to yours this is now closed as wood has been sent etc.

Next time!

Rog

Arrived this morning looking absolutely super. Now lets see if I can do them justice. 8) 8) 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you Rog.

John. B

***** THUD *****

that'll be the wood :lol: :lol: :lol:

3 weekends :shock: , best make a start then (hammer) (hammer) (hammer)

Here's my entry...
Brown Oak Sketch Pencil - 20120225 - 001 (640x427).jpg

Funny thing occured to me as I opened the package that arrived this morning, give a wood worker a piece of ply full of voids and inclusions and he'd be disappointed, but give him (or her) a piece of turning timber the same and he's delighted!

This is one half of the narliest of the three pieces I got, can I have the prize now?

Aidan

Attachments

• Brown Oak Sketch Pencil - 20120225 - 001 (640x427).jpg
    Brown Oak Sketch Pencil - 20120225 - 001 (640x427).jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 585
Hi Rog pen blanks arrived this morning .great looking timber ,have ordered some pen kits today then the fun begins. Regards Dave..

Back