pen pencil and fountain pen kits?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend, or know of, a matching pen, pencil and fountain pen kit set. Been through the usual suppliers pages but it seems you can either get matching pens and pencils, or matching fountain and biro, but not all three?
or alternatively, if a matching set is not available, at least complimentary trio, to be presented in the one box.
all suggestions welcome, especially with piccys :) . Ta.

Nev....

I did this set about 18 months ago for a guy at work.....

IMG_4038.jpg

IMG_4039.jpg

Fountain & Roller Ball from T/R....
Slimline pen & pencil (i think) was a Fun-e-turnz pairing

Although technically not matching, he decided in the end that the 'big' ones were just way to nice for general work use so used the err less expensive ones for everyday, and kept the good stuff at home..... 8)

The T/R ones were presented in a nice velvet case, and the pen & pencil in a cheapy plastic case which just sat on his desk. That's all i'm able to suggest, sorry.... :(

Nick

Personally I always buy from Turners Workshop. The guy there is really helpful if you give him a call I'm sure he'll let you know what he can get for you.

cheers guys

John, Thanks for pointing them out - I'd just looked at TR and didnt spot them :oops: and I see the Flat top ones have all three too! I think their sales will increase quite a bit when the finally get the new website up and running.

Nick
lovely, goes to show they dont have to be the same to be a matching set.

Des
Vince is always one of the first on the shopping list, as you say always very helpful.
I think we are quite spoilt with pen kit suppliers, there a few around that provide excellent service (TTW, TR, Pencrafts, Funeturnz, Timberbits, S&B and more) and the only thing that makes me choose one over the other is whether they have stock of what i want when i need it. I'm impatient like that :roll:

Update:
as is typical when one gets a specific request, nothing in stock anywhere! in gold - no problem, but requestee wanted silver or chrome, and could I find any sets anywhere in chrome? could I pipper :evil:
So I made an executive decision, took a lead from Nik and hoped the same finish, yew in this case, would make them a set.

gene1.JPG

Not quite a perfect match, but the customer likes 'em, and anyway , woods a natural material innit! cant expect it to be purfek guv :wink:

Attachments

• gene1.JPG
    gene1.JPG
    182.3 KB · Views: 2,521
Very nice sets Nev. 8)

I too prefer the chrome and gunmetal finishes.

Wanted to do a pen and pencil set as a gift for FIL's Birthday, couldn't find matching finishes for pens and pencils, either or out of stock. :(

Ended up getting a polaris pencil from one place, and polaris pen from elsewhere. Knurling was fractionally different, but asked about 5 people to 'spot the difference' and none of them noticed, so ran with it.

Must remember to wipe finger prints off before pics! (hammer)

Attachments

• p4g.jpg
    p4g.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 2,325
No, not quite. They were the shorter but fatter blanks from TW, would have come out of one longer type blank, but they were a touch skinny for my liking.

There was a minute step in the nib end and the turned barrel, barely visible, but could feel it.
I did a quick search here, and found others had had a similar problem. Jest fettled one side by hand a tiny bit.

Back