• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted Pen Display Case

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garno

Grumpy Old Git
Reaction score
I am looking for a pen display trunk/case for home use only, So I can store my pens as I make them.
It would have a glass/Perspex display lid and between 4 and 6 drawers underneath the lid.
Grooves to hold individual pens and large enough to hold fountain pens.
Looking for each layer to be able to hold 10 - 12 pens.
Each layer to be finished with velvet cushioning or flocking.
I would prefer a hand crafted one as opposed to the rubbish sold from China.
I would consider commissions. (Message me if you would be willing to make me one and we shall sort out a price)

Thank you
Gary

Do you want specifically to have a lift up lid or is a case with doors in the running?

This kind of drawer display
1640810513506.png

in this kind of shape case

1640810615682.png

or maybe this

1640810735119.png

would be fun to do

I really do like the first one, would be perfect if the top shelf was like the other two shelves. If they were set at the same angles and put into the third cabinet then that would be a winner, in fact better than drawers. :love:

Last edited:
That's a good shout.

I will see if he messages me as he may be busy.
Well thank you Adam and Garno, for your thinking of me. Unfortunately I have to spend this year sorting my possessions in readiness for, and emigrating, would have been delighted to offer up some designs otherwise. I have 8 weeks to be out of my house with almost a lifetimes tut to sort.
Drooges has offered up some stunning pieces there, I shall watch the results with interest. Ian

Looks like a interesting build, I could be up for it.
Drop me a message if your not found anyone for the build

Not my designs unfortunately but I have made copies scaled down for computer cases. These are a couple of pics from my inspiration folder. I just thought the 2nd one would be very suited to this kind of display. I'll play about with a c ouple of designs over the weekend.
@Garno, what is the max outside dimensions you are looking for.WxDxH in mm? Oh & does the room have CH?

Just wrote out a nice lengthy reply @Droogs but was captured by Mrs G who suggested I go for the one that she prefers, of course she says the choice is mine but I feel this is not the weather to be sleeping in the shed :eek:

So we are back to the one I (Mrs G) prefers and that is back to the first one but with all of the shelves the same, to hold 12 - 15 pens each. I (Mrs G) would also like it if it could be done with a minimum of 4 shelves (all tilted) a wooden top and bottom and possibly a wooden rear, although Perspex is fine. She (oops I mean I) would like, if possible, to have Perspex/wood sides and a Perspex/glass door. Appx sizes are whatever will work really as it will be going onto a small table but she has no objection to it being a stand alone (On no table or such).

Personally I would prefer a stand alone unit but for that to work I would think it would need more than 4 shelves (all tilted and adapted to hold pens) and the top shelf around the 1520mm (max height ) to let the short folk see the pens. I envisage the width needed for 15 pens will be around 388mm not sure what the depth would be due to all of the shelves being tilted, but would guess at 275 - 325mm,

It will be going into our front room and we have no preference on any woods, it is a central heating room.

I really like the first one, it's very classy.

I agree it does have that look to it.
Looks like it has 16 slots for pens on each shelf, if it were doubled in height to have 6 shelves it would look great.

Back