pegas blade clamp problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
hi tonight my tension arm has stopped working any help would be gratefully received, could it be the spring gone?? the screws to tighten the blade have just about given up the ghost. and not possible to get spares, tried bearwoods in Canada, as they seem to be the only ones who keep bits an bobs, but they are out of stock, the tears are about to start falling as it looks like £91 for a complete new clamp is looming, they are cheaper in the states and Canada , but postage and customs make them dearer.

take care
John

today I got in touch with Axminster tools on the phone, as it takes a long time for them to answer emails, and asked them if the blade clamps where covered under warranty as £91 is a lot of money ,and surprise surprise, they are, and a set is winging on its way to me as I type this, it was worth the ask and thank you Axminster

take care
John

hi clamp kit came last Thursday, fitted it and the blade tightening screw had thread problems so had to go back , awaiting arrival of replacement , maybe tomorrow hopefully.

take care
John

hi Andy just sent the second replacement blades clamps back to Axminster, first set the tightening screw the thread was kaputski , the second set I could not get a blade into it , the anvil screw was too far through, I have asked them before they send the next set out to please check that everything is as it should be, I am struggling to keep my saw going at the moment, keeping up with orders for trees of life and Green men,

take care
John

Blimey, that sounds NOT good! Sorry to hear that.

If we are indeed talking about the "new" Pegas blade clamps (the Americans call them "blade chucks" BTW) that I was talking about in an earlier post (linked to in my P.S. above) then I'm surprised. As per that post, I bought the new clamps as an upgrade to my Ex 21 and thought they were fine quality wise. But I also remarked in that post that I found them to be well over-priced for what they are - unnecessarily so IMO.

Please keep us posted with how it goes with Axi.

What with you, and earlier on, with kstano83 having several quality problems with his machine, it's suddenly looking not too good - but hopefully, only isolated instances, and in my own limited experience, Axi are good with their after sales service. Fingers crossed.

hi finally got sorted and ones has to set these clamps up ones self for £91 i would have least expected a 5 mm allen key and the clamps set up, now it could be an age before one gets it right , but I think I have a cunning plan, use a set of feelers and set the new ones up to the same as the old ones ,that way I might not be far away.

take care
John

Back