PDF Brochure

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a PDF of my new brochure, however it has a couple of spelling mistakes, I would like to edit these is there anyway I can alter a PDF document, or could someone offer assistance?

doctor Bob":rgmqxv30 said:
I have a PDF of my new brochure, however it has a couple of spelling mistakes, I would like to edit these is there anyway I can alter a PDF document, or could someone offer assistance?

I use Nitro pro which does the job very well though there may be others. There is I think a free trial version downloadable but whether it allows you to save or not is another question as they usually are limited.

Have sent you a pm

bob

If you are still stuck next week when I am back at work, I would be more than happy to help you out. Just give me a shout.

Si

Bob.

I don't think I'd try to mess with it, personally; PDFs weren't designed to be editable (though it can be done with third-party apps, as others have said) but were meant to be a 'digital print' of a document, hence it's popularity as a proofing format. If this is a 'proof' of a to-be-printed brochure, then IHMO you'd be better off bringing the spelling errors to the attention of the designers/printers and letting them correct and re-proof it. If this is a PDF brochure, then again, I'd bring the errors to the attention of the designers and have them re-do it.

Cheers, Pete

They are entirely and easily editable with the full Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat X Pro and meant to be so unless they have been password locked - and I doubt you've done that.
They're not editable with the commonly used free Acrobat Reader.

Look here

RogerP":1c006bjs said:
They are entirely and easily editable with the full Adobe Acrobat or Acrobat X Pro and meant to be so unless they have been password locked - and I doubt you've done that. They're not editable with the commonly used free Acrobat Reader.
Yes OK, of course PDFs are editable with the software that created them, but I think you'll agree that it's unlikely most people will have the £317 Adobe Acrobat Standard, the £507 Acrobat X Pro or the £762 Acrobat X Suite - hence the third-party apps referred to above. And every PDF 'proof' I ever sent out or received during my 20-odd years in the imaging side of the graphics and print industry was indeed locked, for obvious reasons.

So I stand by my earlier statement - and qualify it a little; PDFs were never designed to be editable by the people who generally receive them.

Sorry, I was under the impression that the OP had created this PDF - but if it's is a printer's proof then of course they should correct it.

Ok, struggling a bit on this one.
The brochure PDF was done by a printer, they have done our last 3 brochures but this time the quote is too expensive.
I supplied the basic template they then put it into a PDF for me, so far I have found 3 spelling mistakes. I would like to have it proof read by the masses before passing it on to another printer who has quoted a more reasonable rate.

Is there any way I can link to a PDF? or any other alternative for you guys to see it.
It's too big for most free download programs.

@RogerP - no worries, easily done.

Bob

If you have access to any web space (free space from your ISP perhaps) you could put the PDF there and link to it, or if you have a dropbox account, put it in your public folder and post the link here. Not sure if the online photo sites (google Picasa, flickr, photobucket etc..) will handle PDFs.

Otherwise, if it's just the text you want proof-read, why not paste the text into the body of a message here?

HTH Pete

Bob, I've managed to save most pages as jpegs which will be good enough for proof reading. However some of the pages won't process as my copy of Acrobat is, as you know too old. I can stick them up with links to them if that helps but, as I say, not all pages processed OK. Let me know.

Peter...it's a 13Mb file!

I will start a new thread and post up my original snapfish effort which was used to create the brochure.

Roger S and Bob (Lons) thanks for your help, I hope you haven't put too much time into it.

If you have access to Google Docs, you can just drag a PDF into your document list and make it available to 'anyone with the link' - instructions here.

Individual files or folders can be up to 10Gb, btw :D

OK that sounds very promising.
I think I'll start the new thread anyway.
Thank you.

Hi doctor bob, do you have one note by chance? if so give me a PM and I will be able to help...bosshogg :ho2

Latest posts

Back