PC Troubles fixed. Now Printer dies!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi foks,

Computer fixed, but now my printer is playing up. :roll:

So a quick question.
Can anyone recommend a good Mono-laser printer please? I am not looking for top of the range, but I don't want rubbish of course.

I will have to buy a new colour printer soon, but more urgently I need a mono printer for letters and everyday printing. I'm toild that although toner can be expensive, it goes a lot further than inkjet. So I decided to keep a colour printer for when I need it, and use a mono for run of the mill stuff.

Any recommendations please?

TIA

:D

I bought a Canon i-sensys LBP6650dn last September and have been very pleased with it. Simple to use, quick, clear printing (mainly text and Google maps). It's a mono-laser and can be networked (handy for my family) and does duplex (double sided printing). If you don't need those features I think they do a lower spec/cheaper version. However, it was £123 (before £40 cashback offer by Canon, so £83 net) when I bought it from Printerland.co.uk and a quick search suggests it now retails at £140+. Original toner cartridge still going.

HTH.

Thanks Bob.

Yes, I am finding that most of the toner cartridges are expensive. So are Inkjet too, but apparently toner lasts much longer.
My present HP is ok, but to get the best deal on cartridges, I have to wait for offers from Viking (and other big office supplies) But even then I am forking out up to £100.00 an order. Using the printer for jobs that require colour is ok, but it gets through the ink. I have used the 'compatible' cartridges in the pst, but the last lot sprayed ink everywhere inside the casing of the printer, and it was Hell's game to clean it up! Never again!

So now it's time to replace inkjet cartridges again, I thought I'd buy a modest mono laser job, black ink being what I use most of. Plus the fact the laser printer will help no end, as I have to get my novel printed and sent out to market! :mrgreen:

Toner is quoted at 2200 pages - Even war and peace isn't THAT long :roll: :lol: :lol:

Lons":2sgr2m59 said:
Toner is quoted at 2200 pages - Even war and peace isn't THAT long :roll: :lol: :lol:

You haven't read my novel; mind you, if I don't edit it properlyl, well even if you read fiction, you're not likely to read it! :lol: :lol:

I found the same thing - inkjet costs and also by not using the printer enough the jets kept blocking.
I got one of these samsung mono laser jet - this is the wifi version - only £40 I got the non wifi version and paid about £40 from amazon
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... RINTER.htm

as with all printers they give away the printer - cartridges are £50 from argos or £40 ish online - approx 1400 sheets - thats for genuine
I haven't bothered buying an inkjet and haven't really missed it!

Thanks Grafter,

Can you install this printer so it's on your system; to work with Acrobat, Word etc? Or is it just a web-page printer? :)

Back