PC Help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maltrout512

Established Member
Reaction score
Had a problem with laptop this morning. I need to go back two or three days (settings) and I can't remember what keys allow you to do that. If it makes sense.

Many Thanks.

maltrout512":a1armsw2 said:
Had a problem with laptop this morning. I need to go back two or three days (settings) and I can't remember what keys allow you to do that. If it makes sense.

Many Thanks.

Hi Malcolm

Not quite sure what you mean.
Are you saying you need to "restore" your settings to what they were a few days ago? in which case it's a simple operation to go back to a previous restore point. Differs slightly depending on your operating system so which one are you using? e.g Win XP / Vista / 7

cheers

Bob

I think you're looking for 'system restore'. If you click on the 'start' button at the bottom left of the screen and in the search box that appears immediately above the button type 'system restore' you will see the option listed. Click on this and then on 'continue if required. This will display the details of the most recent restore point. if you want an earlier date then click on 'choose a different restore point' then click 'next. You will then get a list of recent restore points. If you want older then select the pint beneath the main window. Click on the restore point you want and then on 'next' and follow any more on screen instructions. Hopefully you will then be able to go back to your older configuration.

Misterfish

Latest posts

Back