Paypal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonsdale73

Established Member
Reaction score
Further to my recent (and removed without explanation) post re: Paypal and their changes to the way they charge, I received an email this morning that following an update to the user agreement, when it comes to refunds, they will no longer be refunding their charges. It wasn't clear - to me, at least - if this meant it affected the buyer, the seller or both. I took up their offer to ask for more info and 40 minutes after posing the question I was disconnected without receiving so much as an acknowledgement let alone an answer.

My guess is - since buyers don't pay fees for using the service - if a seller issues a refubd for whatever reason then they will still be charged the usual extortionate fees. If the stories circulating this morning about Tom Hanks, Prince Andrew, the Trudeaux et al are even remotely true then I hope they go after the barstewards behind ebay and paypal.

Response from Paypal:

For buyer : Whenever he face any scams or fraudulent transaction. And If he gets the refund, he might get partial/ full refund depends on the seller. In case if you have filed the case and you have won the case, then you will receive the full refund for that whatever you paid initially.

For Seller : Whenever he send the refund, he can send the partial refund/ full refund. In case if he is sending full refund. He will be charged for payment fee. The payment fee won't be refunded for him. In case if he has to send full refund, then he has to pay extra as payment fee won't be refunded for him.

Back