Paypal problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Have purchased stanley no5 on e-bay, used paypal to pay the seller but he wont accept payment. Paypal have told me that i cant get my money back until 30 days has passed in that time he can accept the money. Has anyone else had these problems?.

Have been in contact with the seller and informed him that he needs to accept the money here is recent correspodence from the seller

Simon, I have got a paypal account, but your payment is not showing and not giving me the option of accepting it, which I shouldn't have to do anyway. I am now wondering whether or not you actually want the item and if so I repeat my offer. SEND ME A CHEQUE OR A POSTAL ORDER,and I will forget your ignorance, Regards Chris

After i got this e-mail i started to think maybe i am being scammed

So i rang up paypal & they said that he has a standard account and not a premier which is what he needs to accept credit cards.

I sent e-mail to inform him of this and he said

Simon, I have a Premier A/C,at least that's what it says at the top of my statement, Regards Chris

Anyone got any ideas which is the best way to proceed with this?

Simon :?

Back away, - why take the chance?

I'm sure another one will come up.

Not only that but "forget your ignorance" - how rude - I wouldn't want to buy something off him anyway! You could check and double check your paypal settings, and check the payment is cross referenced to the item, and then send a polite but definate "the transation has departed sucessfully, and it now dependent on either paypal/you to complete the transction.

Adam

I'd walk away from it too, depends how much you want the item but probably not worth the risk.
I'd also tell the guy that as you can't agree over the payment that you agree not to leave any feedback.

If you have something on your computer showing you've made a payment you could always send him a screenshot of it, showing what you've done.

Agee with what everyone says. Walk away.

Does the payment appear in your history section? If not then chances are what has happened to me has happened to you.

If so then welcome to the wacky, grubby little world of PayPillock. You can see the problem in this thread.

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5813

I just LOVE liaising with PayPal.

I too am having problems with paypal. They say the recipient refused payment, the recipient says he didn't but cannot get any joy from paypal.
Paypal have refunded the payment and luckily I am able to collect so I hope to solve the problem that way.Why give up an object you obviously want, find another way of payment.

Back