Paypal limited account

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug B

Shy Tot
Reaction score
Paypal has limited my account for the last year.
I have on several occasions tried to sort this out, they claim it is only limited until I verify my information which I have done, but they still wont lift the limited status.

I`ve messaged them a few time but each time get the same e-mail basically saying I need to verify the information , so in my last message I include the page that shows I`ve done as required, but still got the same e-mail reply.

Is this just a con to get me to ring the 0870 number? As this is all they seem to want me to do.

Is there any way I can close the account whilst limited as I`m now so pineappled off with them they can take a running jump, my account is via my credit card.

Cheers.

Hi Doug

No need to phone the 0870 number - use Say No To 0870

Just click on "search to find an alternate number" and take it from there.

Cheers

Karl

Hi Karl,

I did search for an alternative number, it started with 020 but a note by the number said that it would still be charged at 0870 rate.

I`ll try the site you`ve recommended now just in case.

Cheers.

They did this to me as well, very annoying; I think they just want you to sign up for a higher status thingy(?) and ignore any 'verification'.
I just closed my account and started a new one with a different card.

My son's account was 'suspended' for ages waiting for him to verify it was his account. Numerous emails over approx three months to no avail, then one 'phone call later it was resolved.
Some of these firms just seem to a bit slow embracing this new internet technology.

Happened to me too, months of trying to sort it out over email. They had asked for all sorts of documentation to prove who I was and I had scanned it and emailed to them but I still kept getting the same emails. I eventually phoned them and I remember the guy on the phone saying "Oh, I see you've sent us copies of so and so, yes that's fine, we'll lift the restriction. Everything's been fine since.

I think it is probably worth doing because once they are happy with you they should leave you alone. I think the trouble with starting another account is that they may do it with that one as well so you'll be in the same boat.

regards

Brian

Doug,

I had the very same problem.
It took ages and email after email.

When will folk get with it and kick PayPal into touch? When I sold a valuable guitar, PayPal wouldn't let me access the cash, because I was suspected of money-laundering! It took eight weeks to sort it. Because I'd sold the guitar to buy something for the workshop, the delay cost me a lot of the money, I'd made from the sale.

I still have an account but only in dire circumstances would I use it. :twisted:

Mike.C":16npj8ml said:
RogerP":16npj8ml said:
0870 numbers are now free on Virgin Media ... and I thought on BT also?

Yes BT are also free too.

Cheers

Mike

0870 calls are included in the BT calling plans. If you don't have a calling plan, they are chargeable.

Cheers

Dave

Latest posts

Back