Pay Pal

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I don't know if any of you are doing what i am doing but I would appreciate some help. I became disabled some time ago and being a carpenter/joiner had to give up work, being bored to death with time on my hands I set up a little business making things on a scroll saw and selling through craft fairs and craft centres and it has been amazing and the best thing I ever did.

I have now set up a page on facebook in order to sell more stuff under the heading, Wooden crafts from Wales. I have a pay pal account that i set up for when I buy from e-bay and want to use this for customers to pay. The problem is you cannot actually sell on face book and the way other guys get round this is to put a note up saying, To place an order e-mail me and i was told that people just use th e-mail address to make a payment but I fail to see how this works. So if anyone can shed some light on this I would be very grateful.

Geoff.

Geoff

Your email account is linked to Paypal, usually it's what you log into Paypal with, i.e. it's your UserID. When someone makes a Paypal payment, they log into Paypal with their UserID (i.e. email address), and make a payment to another Paypal user, giving the UserID, i.e. email address, of the intended recipient. So Paypal then sends you and email, telling you someone has made a payment to you.

Does that make sense?

HIH

Dibs

You will also need to change your present account, if it's a private one, to a Merchant account and pay about 4% on funds received. If you don't but rely on the gift option of a private account they will, after a few such transactions, catch on anyway and tell you to change.

from Paypal help page https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/main. ... _help&m=BT

How do I Request Money?

You can use PayPal to request a payment from anyone with an email address. The person you request money from doesn't have to be a PayPal customer.

To request money, follow these steps:

Click ‘Request Money’ at the top of the page
Enter your information and click ‘Continue’
If the request is for an auction item, fill out the second page and click ‘Continue’
Click ‘Request Money’

The user will receive an email with your money request. If they do not already have a PayPal account, they will be able to create one and complete the payment.

Unpaid money requests are automatically cancelled after 30 days.

HTH

Back