Pay As You Go

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freetochat

Established Member
Reaction score
For all those car owners....This is real!!!!

Sarah Kennedy was on about this proposed car tax scheme on the radio.

Apparently there is only one month left to register your objection to the 'Pay as you go' road tax.

The petition is on the 10 Downing St website but they didn't tell anybody about it. Therefore at the time of Sarah's comments only 250,000 people had signed it so far and 750,000 signatures are required to stop them introducing it.

This is legit... from the 10 Downing Street's website.

Once you've given your details (you don't have to give your full address, just house number and postcode will do), they will send you an email with a link in it. Once you click on that link, you'll have signed the petition. The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it. The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver. A non working mother who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit in time you can probably expect a Notice of Intended Prosecution with your monthly bill. If you care about stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website (link below) and pass this on to as many people as possible.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

I think you'll find this is just another 'sign up to nothing' waste of time (and it's in Beta). There are over 2,700 Petitions going on it right now with subjects such as:

Sell Downing Street and Commute ......

Make Ringo Star a Knight

Make this Country Democratic

End all Petitions

Some nice choices there - I might just sign up to them all. I'll only get about 10,000 emails in return :roll:

I signed this a while ago when prompted by a friend - I have nothing to lose by doing so but a great deal to lose by not doing so should there be any danger of this proposal going through. I pay quite enough already for the meagre amount of motoring I do.
I'm not going to get into the debate about whether we should/should not pay more for motoring - it'll end up a political discussion I'm sure [-X , and even my previous comments may well be censored by the mods on those grounds. Vote as you may according to your conscience, but be aware: although the software that runs e-petitions is beta, the petition is quite as real as the 700,000 or so signatures already on it!

To lighten the mood why not have a trawl through the rejected petitions for gems like this ...priceless :lol: couldn't have put it better myself.

Mark

Back