Patterns from .png in CorelDRAW - inside/ouside trace line

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kstano83

Established Member
Reaction score
I´m trying to make cutting patterns for logos and words by editting a .png files in CorelDRAW but I´m struggling:
How can I make a pattern that looks like the blue lined copy of it? I can only see this while I drag it.
Untitled2.png

Once I trace it by clicking "trace bitmap" I can see outlines, but inside lines are missing. Like this:
Untitled.png

Is there a way to make it "the easy way" without manually tracing it?

Attachments

• Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 535
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    81.7 KB · Views: 536
I don't have Corel Draw, but it's something easily done in a free program called Inkscape.

The bitmap image of the logo from your post was a bit low resolution, higher resolutions give a better result. I have attached the a capture of the settings I used and the resulting files. Corel should be able to open the SVG file.

There are a lot of settings to play with,but these usually give a good result for black and white images.

dialogue2.png
dialogue1.png

hmmm sorry the forum won't let me attach the SVG file :(

But the above steps will create it, you just need to set the fill to none and the stroke to 1 or similar in Inkscape or Corel.

Attachments

• dialogue1.png
    dialogue1.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 488
  • dialogue2.png
    dialogue2.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 488
  • logo.png
    logo.png
    32.8 KB · Views: 478
loftyhermes":2y2x39z8 said:
Why not just use the .png as the pattern, it's what i would do if scrollsawing it.
I find it much easier to cut on line. I can also be significantly more precise. I can also use much less ink and I can arrange letters to use as little material as possible.

oakmitre":cze1tyja said:
I don't have Corel Draw, but it's something easily done in a free program called Inkscape.

I followed your instructions and it worked. Although it wont let me rearrange each letter because it breaks them into several tiny lines and curves.

I'm not sure if that is an effect of Corel Draw.

Selecting "Path>Break Apart" from the menu in Inkscape will separate the individual shapes.( the program has no knowledge of letters ).

If you want to work with Vector graphics, then learning about paths, nodes etc is a must :)

logoColour.png

Attachments

• logoColour.png
    logoColour.png
    39 KB · Views: 435

Latest posts

Back