Patio slab joint mortar

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may have been a rhetorical answer but it is down to blue circle being contracted to deliver cement to HS2, yes it is a huge waste of cement but we are paying for it. Also hinkley used a fair amount recently.

I've just used Silka and it was a proper job indeed. With the cost of sand and cement nowadays it worked out about £15 more and I did the lot in 30 mins. If your patio is half an acre then I can understand the cost issue... But otherwise?

It may have been a rhetorical answer but it is down to blue circle being contracted to deliver cement to HS2, yes it is a huge waste of cement but we are paying for it. Also hinkley used a fair amount recently.
There used to be a couple of dozen or more Blue Circle plants dotted about the UK. Huge manufacturing plants run by a massive company employing many thousands of skilled employees, with an engineering arm that sold complete cement plants all over the world - Africa, Middle East, South and Central America, all over.

It's almost all gone now, with the remnants operated by LaFarge, a French company that was their main competitor back when I was a sales engineer selling them control systems in the last quarter of the 20th Century. LaFarge bought them out and now most of our cement production is foreign owned. C'est last vie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Circle_Industries

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back