Patio sealer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
New 120m 2 patio going down, slate grey riven slabs. Question is, is it worth using a sealer to protect or am I just wasting money and creating further applications in the future. Any one used sealer and there experience please?

Only my opinion but i think you would be just wasting your money, a quick blast with a pressure washer will do the job of keeping things looking good without the faff and expense of sealing them:)

Don’t, not worth the money, time and effort.

Hopefully you've got decent cast slabs not pressed, in which case there's no need for sealer
!!! Pardon !!!

There is a place for 'cast' slabs - I used to sell 7 tons of them each week - but 'Pressed' slabs are by far the superior product. Pressure washing cast slabs will wear away the surface in short order, you'll never do that with quality pressed slabs.

Maybe a difference in terminology then, what I meant by pressed slabs are those horrible thin things that are sold by DIY sheds and have the tensile strength of a wet Weetabix, as opposed to a more substantial offering from say Bradstone or Marshalls, often cast in moulds from original stone paving

Latest posts

Back