Paslode first fix, firing issue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TPoles

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Paslode IM350, it will fire the first two nails when I go to use it but however then it won't fire the ones after. I can hear the fan spin and the gas release but it doesn't fire on the trigger.

The light is flashing green. I have heard someone say something about wedging the battery in place but can't remember exactly what that was,

Any advice appreciated

Thanks

Tom

The tool repair man I use says 90% of issues he deals with on Paslode are down to carbon build up from people not cleaning the gun.

What AJB says.

I don't have mine now as acquired a DeWalt cordless a few years ago but found I needed to clean the Paslode 350 after any significant usage. Good machine but it became a real pita.

2 other things from memory. They can be very fussy about the nails especially if not genuine Paslode ones and also if the gas isn't fresh, sometimes also if the weather was cold, It does seem to differ from gun to gun so you might have one of those. Mine jammed occasionally if the nails weren't clean and I had to brush them and blast the slider with compressed air.

Could be any of the above, I would check the battery is secure first. I have seen me firing numerous nails without missing a beat when fixing studs flooring ect then when fixing branders to Celing it won't fire.
If it is still not firing for you give it a clean and replace the 0 ring.

Latest posts

Back