Partition Wall Garage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My father was killed by failing to have an effective fire escape from his garage converted to a workshop. He just continued with the up and over door, and when a fire crisis occurred he couldn't escape.

Please bear that in mind in your conversion.

Build the stud framing flat on trestles on the garage floor but 15mm shorter than the required height/width. Move into position, and use packers to get to the right fit.

Rob

Hi I might missing something here but have you thought there are sometimes clauses that you can't use for business use on new builds.
If it's a new build house rather than garage then PP may well be needed to do any form of conversion. And with new builds there is often a requirement to have a certain amount of parking space of which the garage will undoubtably count towards and therefore PP may well be denied.

The garage is L shaped. Main garage door entrance at the top of the L, PVC window and door round the corner at the bottom of the L.

The office is for me myself only; it's an office/sitting area as I am working from home full time.

The house is 200 years old. The garage is new build.

Any advice on what sort of flooring to use, and what protection/underlay it would need?

Thanks, Brendan.

You could glue the wall in place with a thick layer of sealant say 3mm thick and then if you ever wanted to remove it them a old saw would cut down the joint. A scraper would then clean it up.

I'd use a cheap sealant type glue not something like 3m 5200 as that will pull the plaster off too!

Why not put a door in it too.

Cheers James

just put desks into search box at top right or google desks, find one you like and try and copy it. Plenty of advice on here from experts (not me)

Back