Parkside Vacuum PWD 12 A1 - Hose

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbo60

Established Member
Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I purchased one of these for £29.99 to hook up to a dust extraction system I am making. It has a blow feature by fixing the hose to the exhaust port.
So I thought get an extra hose fit to exhaust port and vent to outside. Then build a little housing to dull noise of vacuum. Anyone see a problem with that? Reduction of suction?
They are available from Shopnovo for £15.95 + £3.50 P & P - So 2/3 the price of the whole machine
I have just e-mailed Lidl asking if the machines are still available as I would rather just buy another whole machine!
If anyone sees one in Nottingham/ Mansfield/ Derby area please give me a shout.
Not sure if I can bodge something up??

Use any hose that's at least as large as outlet, bodge an adapter but don't make it a reducer, that will increase back pressure and affect vac power, if the outlet run is long, then go larger hose size again.

Thanks. Outlet has internal of 58mm so if I can find a "pipe" of 60mm, I could probably persuade it to fit snuggly. Good point about reducer.

I think your idea is sound, but you don't say how far you are going to run the exhaust pipe.
A 60mm pipe 300 mm long to go through a wall might be ok but a 60mm pipe 3 m long would be a totally different ballgame.
If it was at all feasible I would extend the suction side but that is not without problems either.

Thanks. I'll keep it to a minimum. Planning on having Vac next to wall anyway. Bang hole in wall, neat collar both sides and expanding foam/silicon to seal? On checking the connector is 60mm but the pipe is only about 45-50mm.

Just a point, when venting outside it takes all the heat with it too.

I am fairly sure plastic mini downpipe is 50mm diameter. Normally used on garages and easily available at B & Q etc.

Latest posts

Back