Parkside track saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cut from mine is flawless - I changed the stock blade (an Evolution multi purpose) for an 80T.
What material are you cutting and how do you find 80 teeth, is it a case of cutting slower but a better finish? Makita do a 56 tooth, but as far as I can see nothing more, but these smaller blades don't come cheap when compared to 315mm blades.

I think my "fine" blade is a 60 (might be 48) tooth from Trend, not expensive but leaves a perfect cut on MFC which is pretty much the main thing I cut. If I want to cut anything else I switch blades, the stock lidl 24t blade is actually not bad for trimming doors etc but I don't use it anymore as it's too wide for my splinter strip, I have some cheap titan blades I got for 50p each, they are smaller and narrower, I use them for ripping up sheet goods to rough dimension as the cut is about 0.5mm away from the splinter strip.

I have one too good value for the price my only problem is one of the splinter gards is damaged and it looks like a new rail as I'm unable to get one from parkside

I got some replacement strip, I think it was from Amazon. . I'll check at lunchtime.

Only ply and MDF - the cut is indistinguishable from the factory finished edges
What saw are you using as it has a 185mm blade?

Your 185 with 80 teeth is 3.5 Tpi, so looking at Tpi makes more sense as it's not really a lot of teeth when you think of bandsaw blades with ten and twelve Tpi.

If I take my B-07353 165 mm blade with 48 teeth that is just over 2 Tpi with 0.3 mm offset which seems really course but gives a clean cut and use a B-09307 with 56 teeth the offset changes from 0.3 to 0.35 if that really makes a difference to the splinter rubber and gives 2.7 Tpi so would I actually see any difference in cut quality, I don't think so but someone will probably have the experience of using one. The smaller bladed saws rotate at faster speeds than the larger blades used in tablesaws so that must make a difference to cut quality, 5200 Rpm against 4000 Rpm.

Back