Parkside track saw.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

artie

Sawdust manufacturer.
Reaction score
My well used Lidl track saw is now running about 3 mm out of true.

I had a look this afternoon and couldn't see any adjustment.

I'm off to do a search now, in the meantime if anyone can set me straight, or failing that offer budget replacement suggestions with at least one solid 1.2m track.

Ahh Ok, I am pretty sure on mine that can be adjusted. I don't have it on me to check though.

Yep, as per the post above. I have adjusted the toe in/out using the festool instructions.
It helps if you have a nice, large, square block of wood to put the track and saw on as you adjust

Yep, as per the post above. I have adjusted the toe in/out using the festool instructions.
It helps if you have a nice, large, square block of wood to put the track and saw on as you adjust
That link isn't working for me.

But I've found the manuals section on festool.com.

Which one should I download?

I found that vid online and spent a bit of time yesterday.

There's not enough adjustment to make up the error.

I'm thinking it must have got a knock which went unreported.

It didn't come on Tuesday, or Wed, or Thur, but it's here now.

And very nice too.

But I ordered a sp6000k and received a sp6000j.

I'm all over google and there doesn't appear to be much difference in spec between the two models.

In the advert the header says K, the description says J, looks like the case is the only difference. Nice looking bit of kit.

In the advert the header says K, the description says J, looks like the case is the only difference. Nice looking bit of kit.
So far removed from the Parkside, it's unbelievable.

I'll have to make something very nice now to justify it.

Be interested to hear what you think makes it better than the Parkside and how justified that is for DIY use.

Be interested to hear what you think makes it better than the Parkside and how justified that is for DIY use.
If the Parkside hadn't gone out of true, it would have done my job no problem.

So maybe I should have said "so far removed from MY Parkside"

A few noticeable things, soft start, quiet, blade stops quickly, comfortable soft grips, adjusts very easily and smoothly, 1500mm track all in one piece.

So it doesn't really do anything that "My Parkside" didn't do just does it quieter, smoother, straighter and more comfortably.

The Makita is a great tool, trade quality that will deliver and I cannot fault mine at all but still looking into blades as 48 seems a lot of teeth on a small blade.

If the Parkside hadn't gone out of true, it would have done my job no problem.

So maybe I should have said "so far removed from MY Parkside"

A few noticeable things, soft start, quiet, blade stops quickly, comfortable soft grips, adjusts very easily and smoothly, 1500mm track all in one piece.

So it doesn't really do anything that "My Parkside" didn't do just does it quieter, smoother, straighter and more comfortably.

Thank you, pretty much what I expected really. If I were doing this day in day out I would buy a nice tracksaw, but for the use I do get from it I can live with it's niggles. Tools that I do use everyday I have the best (for me) that I can afford.

Back