Parkside tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shane1978

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve recently taken stock of my tools and decided I need to change/update.
I don’t have much as I’m just starting out:
Evolution circular saw (corded)
Evolution jigsaw (corded)
Worx hammer drill/driver (cordless)
Parkside router (1200w)

I want to buy a mitre saw and the parkside saws are high on my list (anyone with any experience?).

I’d also like to switch to cordless circular/jig saw as I don’t have space for all the cables all over my shed.. and I’d like a separate drill/driver.

I’m thinking of selling all my current gear and getting a load of parkside stuff instead. The batteries and blades would all match, good warranty and very attractive prices.

All the items I want are currently available at Lidl in Germany (but not in the UK where I live).

mitre saw (MPKZ) + stand
20v Cordless circular saw
20v jigsaw
20v Drill
20v Driver
20v batteries/charger

how can I get these items at Lidl Germany prices and pay for the shipping only?
Is it safe to use a mitre saw with a 3 pin adapter?
Does anyone have any experience with these tools?

I'd suggest you look at Ryobi tools as the range of tools will be larger and the customer service / back up will be much better.

Battery supply is poor for Lidl tools freind of mine hot the circular saw but struggled to get batteries for it....

Otherwise pick any of the big names Bosch, DeWalt, Makita, etc.

Cheers James

All the above tools you mention are available in Lidl Switzerland too (but doubtless, a bit cheaper in Germany).

BUT if you want to save tax you'd better be VERY quick 'cos my understanding is that whatever Deal/No Deal is eventually done/not done between EU and UK, the idea of "only" paying a reduced-tariff Import Duty and no VAT will be gone on 31st December this year.

Also I GUESS that with the length of your shopping list, the idea of shipping them by some sort of courier, parcel carrier is going to be pretty prohibitive - but I stress, that's a GUESS.

I have no personal experience of any of the Lidl tools you list, but I do have several other Lidl (and Aldi) tools and personally find them all very good value for money + there's a 3 year no quibble Guarantee on everything they sell (both of them).

Note that all these tools are NOT "tradesmen's daily use" quality, and certainly do not compare with the likes of Bosch blue, let alone Festool, etc! But if you're a DIY-er or hobbyist, as said personally I think they're generally very good value for money/bang for your buck.

But going back to you buying from Lidl Germany, I suspect that IF you did have a Guarantee problem Lidl in Ilford or wherever else in UK are not going to be terribly interested (to say the least)!

P.S. Noting the comment about batteries in the 2nd post, that's not my own experience here (Switzerland). You get an address with the new tool and just order batteries (new/spare/replacement) from the address given. Prices quite reasonable but delivery a bit slow - about a couple of weeks here. AND I'm not talking about a 10 years old tool - I guess no luck at all with that. But batteries from tools that are in the current Lidl and Aldi ranges, no problem.

BUT again, if you get such an address/Warranty Card with tools bought at Lidl Germany I don't know, but as per my comment about Warranty above, I GUESS that it would be pretty difficult to source spare batteries from UK - repeat GUESS.

Last edited:
All the above tools you mention are available in Lidl Switzerland too (but doubtless, a bit cheaper in Germany).

BUT if you want to save tax you'd better be VERY quick 'cos my understanding is that whatever Deal/No Deal is eventually done/not done between EU and UK, the idea of "only" paying a reduced-tariff Import Duty and no VAT will be gone on 31st December this year.

Also I GUESS that with the length of your shopping list, the idea of shipping them by some sort of courier, parcel carrier is going to be pretty prohibitive - but I stress, that's a GUESS.

I have no personal experience of any of the Lidl tools you list, but I do have several other Lidl (and Aldi) tools and personally find them all very good value for money + there's a 3 year no quibble Guarantee on everything they sell (both of them).

Note that all these tools are NOT "tradesmen's daily use" quality, and certainly do not compare with the likes of Bosch blue, let alone Festool, etc! But if you're a DIY-er or hobbyist, as said personally I think they're generally very good value for money/bang for your buck.

But going back to you buying from Lidl Germany, I suspect that IF you did have a Guarantee problem Lidl in Ilford or wherever else in UK are not going to be terribly interested (to say the least)!

P.S. Noting the comment about batteries in the 2nd post, that's not my own experience here (Switzerland). You get an address with the new tool and just order batteries (new/spare/replacement) from the address given. Prices quite reasonable but delivery a bit slow - about a couple of weeks here. AND I'm not talking about a 10 years old tool - I guess no luck at all with that. But batteries from tools that are in the current Lidl and Aldi ranges, no problem.

BUT again, if you get such an address/Warranty Card with tools bought at Lidl Germany I don't know, but as per my comment about Warranty above, I GUESS that it would be pretty difficult to source spare batteries from UK - repeat GUESS.
I’ll be honest the impending end of free movement is motivating me! As I understand it I can get this all done with zero tax implications before dec31st. I just can’t get lidl to sell it direct. And the items are all on sale now..
it’s a lot of boxes for sure - that could end up being probivitive
The tools are for hobby use - and I’m planning to build a new shed in the next 18-24 months too.
I spoke to lidl customer services on the phone already and they were really helpful (short of actually offering to deliver to the Uk for me!), but in fairness I did forget to ask the crucial warranty question.
I’m confident in replacement batteries etc. They’re the sort of thing that ends up in Lidl sales regularly - so even if I miss the sale there will be resellers on eBay. if they’re covered by a warranty then I’m happy to take that risk.

Last edited:
I'd suggest you look at Ryobi tools as the range of tools will be larger and the customer service / back up will be much better.

Battery supply is poor for Lidl tools freind of mine hot the circular saw but struggled to get batteries for it....

Otherwise pick any of the big names Bosch, DeWalt, Makita, etc.

Cheers James
Until i had my head turned by parkside prices I had been thinking this is where I’d go. I have heard very different things about the Lidl batteries.. do ryobi do 3 year warranties?

I would personally stick with what you've got, buy an evolution sliding mitre saw and stand from screwfix, and save up until you can get a good quality drill and driver. I know some people like parkside powertools, I've not been very impressed, I might be tempted to pick something up on a whim in store but there is no way I'd be looking to put them at the core of my tool kit, especially not if I had to deal with the hastle of getting it from europe, dealing with warranty etc etc.

I would personally stick with what you've got, buy an evolution sliding mitre saw and stand from screwfix, and save up until you can get a good quality drill and driver. I know some people like parkside powertools, I've not been very impressed, I might be tempted to pick something up on a whim in store but there is no way I'd be looking to put them at the core of my tool kit, especially not if I had to deal with the hastle of getting it from europe, dealing with warranty etc etc.
Yes. The evolution mitre saws are obvs on my list, but as the owner of one of their circular saws I’ve gone off evolution tbh. The dust collection on the jigsaw is appalling - my vacuum just makes a blocked noise - the circular saw just has an oval shaped dust-spitter.. no chance of adapting it really.
Plus I’m not convinced by the slow-spinning blades on evolution circular saws (inc mitre saws). It’s supposed to help cutting metal but I don’t cut metal and I prefer the parkside solution - 2 speed mitre saw. It seems silly to me that I put an 80 tooth blade on my circular saw and then spin it at nearly half the normal speed. I don’t want to do that with my mitre saw.
And then there’s all the wires.. It’s a safety hazard in such a small space.
I get your point about parkside, but I can’t afford good quality stuff anyway.

I own Parkside tools, and have done so for years.
The track saw is very good value for money and works well.
The vacuum cleaners/dust extractors good value and do the job.
Brad nailer, excellent
I have one of their mitre saws which is ok for occasional use. I use it on days it's too wet to open the "shap" door when cutting 6m lengths. I just know by the feel of it it wouldn't last daily use like the Dewalt does.
For me, daily use = Dewalt, Bosch or similar.
Occasional use, few times a week or less = Parkside.

the circular saw just has an oval shaped dust-spitter
odd, I have their circular saw, and a basic mitre saw (ie not slidng), I'd not been aware of them spinning slower (not saying your wrong), my circular saw came with a little plastic adaptor which I screwed on from new, it has a round outlet, attaches to my shop vac (normally boring faffing with adaptors there). These are budget tools and they seem pretty good for the money, I don't have their stand, but it seemed pretty good when I saw it in store at screwfix

Agree with artie 100%.

I do have a couple of "decent quality" battery tools, (1 e.g. a DeWalt drill, 10.8V I think) and it's honestly no better in my hands than the "equivalent" Parkside (Lidl) or "Workzone" (Aldi) offering (I can't remember off hand which mine is). And as said I have a few other "Lildi" tools too (note, I'm NOT a tradesman and I'm retired). And one of the above DeWalt batteries is starting to not hold a proper charge any more - after about 5 or 6 years. It IS replaceable, but at about double the cost a replacement battery for my cheapo!

Here anyway, though our local Aldi branch staff are a bit "grumpy" sometimes, all the Lidl people are very nice and helpful, though I'm not surprised that the UK Lidl customer service people wouldn't go as far as importing stuff from Germany for you, especially if the stuff isn't in their (UK) present product range - after all, despite having the same name, Lidl UK and Lidl Germany are two entirely legally separate companies.

I can't comment about the Evolution stuff you're talking about, nor the Ryobi range (no experience of either).

But IF you DO want to go the Lidl route, as said, that should be before December 31st (but see below), so IMO your only option is/was to get in your car and drive. Your nearest is probably in Aachen, which is only about a 6 hour drive from "my side" of either the Tunnel or the Ferry (I've done that drive several times).

BUT - again a BUT, sorry - I've just been watching the TV evening news here and as of closing time tonight (i.e. now) ALL shops (except food and chemists) in Germany are closed until 8th January 2012. So you're too late mate!

Of course what happens after January 8th (re Covid) and re the UK/EU Brexit is anyone's guess, but as said whatever happens you're too late for this year now.

Sorry & "Happy New Year"! :)

odd, I have their circular saw, and a basic mitre saw (ie not slidng), I'd not been aware of them spinning slower (not saying your wrong), my circular saw came with a little plastic adaptor which I screwed on from new, it has a round outlet, attaches to my shop vac (normally boring faffing with adaptors there). These are budget tools and they seem pretty good for the money, I don't have their stand, but it seemed pretty good when I saw it in store at screwfix
Yeah. My problem is I’ve got the older circular saw. I’ve seen those new ones and like the look of them - dust collection-wise. I dream of faffing a bit and then having even a 50% reduction in dust.
The ‘multi cut’ feature of evolution - (where the saw/blade combo can cut metal and wood) is based on the blade design combined with slower spinning motor. 3600 instead of 4800 spins a minute (or whatever). It’s not really something a novice like me should notice or care about, but I have noticed and I don’t have to on my new mitre saw cos there’s cheap einhell and parkside ones that don’t do that. Plus I don’t like them cos they couldn’t offer me a solution to adapt the dust collection or get a cheaper upgrade.. so I’ve decided to put my measly £150 elsewhere!!

Agree with artie 100%.

I do have a couple of "decent quality" battery tools, (1 e.g. a DeWalt drill, 10.8V I think) and it's honestly no better in my hands than the "equivalent" Parkside (Lidl) or "Workzone" (Aldi) offering (I can't remember off hand which mine is). And as said I have a few other "Lildi" tools too (note, I'm NOT a tradesman and I'm retired). And one of the above DeWalt batteries is starting to not hold a proper charge any more - after about 5 or 6 years. It IS replaceable, but at about double the cost a replacement battery for my cheapo!

Here anyway, though our local Aldi branch staff are a bit "grumpy" sometimes, all the Lidl people are very nice and helpful, though I'm not surprised that the UK Lidl customer service people wouldn't go as far as importing stuff from Germany for you, especially if the stuff isn't in their (UK) present product range - after all, despite having the same name, Lidl UK and Lidl Germany are two entirely legally separate companies.

I can't comment about the Evolution stuff you're talking about, nor the Ryobi range (no experience of either).

But IF you DO want to go the Lidl route, as said, that should be before December 31st (but see below), so IMO your only option is/was to get in your car and drive. Your nearest is probably in Aachen, which is only about a 6 hour drive from "my side" of either the Tunnel or the Ferry (I've done that drive several times).

BUT - again a BUT, sorry - I've just been watching the TV evening news here and as of closing time tonight (i.e. now) ALL shops (except food and chemists) in Germany are closed until 8th January 2012. So you're too late mate!

Of course what happens after January 8th (re Covid) and re the UK/EU Brexit is anyone's guess, but as said whatever happens you're too late for this year now.

Sorry & "Happy New Year"! :)
Not entirely.. I’ve got a friend with a mum in Germany. I’m sure they’re still doing online orders. Many of my chosen items are online specials in Germany - not in the stores anyway, so his mum was kind of my best hope anyway.
I don’t like making decisions quickly though.. that’s why i haven’t got much Lidl stuff yet. I don’t part with my money if you rush me!!
Its good to get your thoughts though. You have used and bought the expensive stuff ‘in war’ and at times been impressed by the cheap stuff ‘in peacetime’. That’s what draws me to cheap tools. I’m a novice.. I can’t justify Blue Bosch money on tools (the worst tool I’ve ever owned was a green Bosch drill). During the shed build they’ll take a daily battering, but that’s as tough as it’ll get for my tools. I just need them to work. I can’t learn if I make myself buy the best every time I want to learn something new.

Yeah. My problem is I’ve got the older circular saw. I’ve seen those new ones and like the look of them - dust collection-wise. I dream of faffing a bit and then having even a 50% reduction in dust.
The ‘multi cut’ feature of evolution - (where the saw/blade combo can cut metal and wood) is based on the blade design combined with slower spinning motor. 3600 instead of 4800 spins a minute (or whatever). It’s not really something a novice like me should notice or care about, but I have noticed and I don’t have to on my new mitre saw cos there’s cheap einhell and parkside ones that don’t do that. Plus I don’t like them cos they couldn’t offer me a solution to adapt the dust collection or get a cheaper upgrade.. so I’ve decided to put my measly £150 elsewhere!!
My only annoyance with the evo circular saw is that the sole plate has a rounded edge, so if you are running it along a guide fence that is quite shallow (for instance a speed square) it can slightly mount the edge, so not a straight cut, just means running along something a little thicker, but still annoying

My only annoyance with the evo circular saw is that the sole plate has a rounded edge, so if you are running it along a guide fence that is quite shallow (for instance a speed square) it can slightly mount the edge, so not a straight cut, just means running along something a little thicker, but still annoying
Yes! I thought that was me. I hadn’t explained it to myself yet but I’ve A) started using a strip of 3 cm high scrap as a guide instead of my speed square and B) started wanting to change/adapt the plate to make it thinner/flatter/more square somehow.
I’m pretty sure the spin has an effect there too. I’ve never felt like it ‘slices/pulls’ through rip cuts as much as I expect a saw to.

Last edited:
Your warranty is valid only in country of purchase...
I have said before, to buy cheap is to buy expensive in the first place.
Keep the tooling that you know to be working well and grow on that as you can afford it.
I have a new parkside pedestal drill that worked very little until stripping the gear on the spindle feed.
Bought from Germany, warranty requires it to be returned to germany...
Now it's a very effective door stop!

Plenty of tools available in the uk without having to buy things from germany
Yeah.
Your warranty is valid only in country of purchase...
I have said before, to buy cheap is to buy expensive in the first place.
Keep the tooling that you know to be working well and grow on that as you can afford it.
I have a new parkside pedestal drill that worked very little until stripping the gear on the spindle feed.
Bought from Germany, warranty requires it to be returned to germany...
Now it's a very effective door stop!
that’s good to know. Thanks.

I've a couple of Lidl tools, including a sliding mitre saw, and circular saw. Both see periods of very heavy use, but otherwise, pure DIY. They are both corded. Both a decent tools. Are Parkside tools rebadged Scheppach?

I had a great Parkside power screwdriver which I loved, but it packed in recently. The replacement from B&Q, Mac Allister, is slow as Christmas and doesn't seem to hold a charge as long as the parkside one did.

I'd be very reluctant to buy from Germany, for warranty reasons. Return post will cost as much as the tool!

*edit* I should add that the restraining clamp on the mitre saw broke off almost immediately - cheap cast alloy - and i never bothered to replace it. Seeing the "how not to use a mitre saw" thread has reminded me why it's important!

Back